• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sunny said:

Would anyone happen to know if diffs from Hyper 7 fit the Hyper ST?

yes..but the st has a 11 tooth one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OFNA-Pinion-Gear-Hyper-Mini-ST-OFN21002-/401057588352?hash=item5d60e52480:g:NqcAAOSwUV9Wneps [ forgot there name now].......the hyper 7 has a different one...so u have to sawp out the lot....which will in turn change ur ratio to the buggy one....

Edited by evssv

• 4 weeks later...

My Hyper 7 PBS(ARR) from I don't know how many years ago. It is sitting in a storage box on the other side of the room. These are still pretty good cars and will do for some club racing and surely good for bashing.
The car hasn't got a scratch on it and probably saw 10 minutes(really) of run time before it got stored(I learned to hate nitro right around then).   I seen that folks were getting fun out of H7 conversions and this car was viable.

So, I have an Integy conversion kit on the way.  Lots of parts are still out there. I'm in no rush as I am making my Arrma Typhon up to club race level.

PBS7.jpg

ok so I'm setting up my shiny new hyper7 and I've noticed the gear mesh between clutch and spur gear is wrong. For starters hobao have set the engine at wrong alignment so it not allow meshing to engage correctly. I know how to adjust just wondering what the correct gapping is???

7 hours ago, firestorm01 said:

ok so I'm setting up my shiny new hyper7 and I've noticed the gear mesh between clutch and spur gear is wrong. For starters hobao have set the engine at wrong alignment so it not allow meshing to engage correctly. I know how to adjust just wondering what the correct gapping is???

Generally the correct gapping is set using a scrap of notebook paper in between the gears. Paper in, push gears together snug, tighten, confirm it hasn't moved after done..  

spur_pinion_gear_setting_gap.png

Edited by GT1