• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti owners thread

philbr

Oh is the SC8 unsensored?  

You'll notice a huge difference in sensored and unsensored when crawling.

Jony, half true - the RPM of the motor determines when the sensor is working. If it stays slow, ie when crawling then the sensor is on full time. But as soon as it gets speed up then yes, it switches that off for efficiency.

Strangely enough, I approve :yes:

Excelent imitation is a sincere form of flattery, made the panels today from abs sheet.? Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1

20150402_200936_zpsw7b2ymlg.jpg

Well I've now put some graphics on, not sure i like the roof panel but thats easily changed, I've also fitted the rad and fans as suplied in the bag of bits, I used 2 "p" clips and some rubber to pack the clips out and stop slipping on the cage uprights.

Just awaiting the interior and drivers a friends son is painting for me, I'm cursed with sausage fingers and just can't seem to do the fine detail.

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 2

Shame its not waterproof but doing a home waterproof jobbie shouldn't be too hard. Looks good as its sensored, might be a good option over the non sensored WP-SC8 which is also 120a and not sensored. Feedback on this ESC would be good.

I have not bought a new one yet. After seeing the inside of zombi's RX8 I still want a waterproof ESC. It will make maintenance a little easier. I dont want to strip everything down too often so I just want to make it as simple as I can

Edited by philbr

You could always use conformal coating instead of CX if you wanted a permanent solution, that's what will come already done in a ESC that's branded waterproof anyways.

I use CX because it doesn't cause extra heat to build in the ESC is all.  PRO!  ;)

Well been off grid for the weekend in deepest east anglia, no wifi or phone signal to speak of, been running the yeti with its gpm shaft amongst other upgrades, i know some are keen to know how it fairs, first inpressions out of the pack are very good it feels well made, all the parts that interact run smoothly with no slop or notchynes,and the sliding section has rubber o rings to act as a bump stop against the splines at extreme articulation, all in all an excelent upgrade, to be fair i havn't give it a full on blasting, east anglia isn't known for its rocky outcrops, but it has had a good run through sand dunes and shingle with no ill effect!

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1

20150413_075248_zpsd8vaweib.jpg

Here we go with the next round of upgrades, I've gone for the gpm wheels,c hubs and knuckles, the annoying squeak returned last week so have fitted a full set of rc bearings hope this will cure it. Whilst fitting the front diff bearings i must have got a small piece of grit down one of the bulk head to top plate fixing holes because I stripped a thread annoyingly, so every cloud has a silver lining and all that I've ordered a gpm bulk head from asiatees.

Get plenty of pics of the installs, I've been wanting to know how this lot fits. I got me a bulkhead on its way too, should arrive this week :P

Dam it I always read this after I've done the work!!!!!!!! Lol

20150413_210752_zpsiggro5xh.jpg

Crap pic of the wheels and my crew which a friends son painted for me, I'm realy pleased with the fine detail I'm going to get better pics in the daylight at some point, the bulkhead I ordered on sunday so I don't expect delivery until next week. I will attempt to do some meaningful build photos chap, cos I've also ordered the unis after seeing yours, and all the turn buckles and servo tie bar, I'm still mystified why I don't seem to have a gasket on the diff to seal it, unless its black and only a micron thick so I've also ordered a gasket at the same time! Whew I think thats it for now untill I start on the back end upgrades, were off to scotland in a few weeks, so should get some video or pics then unless we get to suffolk this weekend in which case I'll post up what I have.

Re. the gasket - it probably is on there but now welded in and you'll need to scrape it off. I had to do that too as it was stuck to the ring gear, and i just replaced it with a new set.  Enjoy the holls!

Re. the gasket - it probably is on there but now welded in and you'll need to scrape it off. I had to do that too as it was stuck to the ring gear, and i just replaced it with a new set. Enjoy the holls!

It must have a gasket I replaced the grease with 7000 cwt diff oil and its not leaked, just blowed if I can see it!