• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti owners thread

philbr

So you have it for reference, here is mine.  32kg/cm @ 7.4v.  You probably won't need that kind of power for the Yeti, but my attitude was "why not?" ;)

Savox SB-2270SG

:7_5_136[1]:

Well I still have a yeti with no servo. I tried to order one of these but they are discontinued so there are none with uk

suppliers.

what should I go for. The Hobby king one is not at uk warehouse

what should I go for as an alternative

Well I still have a yeti with no servo. I tried to order one of these but they are discontinued so there are none with uk

suppliers.

what should I go for. The Hobby king one is not at uk warehouse

what should I go for as an alternative

hs7950th

20150304_194533_zpswxlilbuo.jpg

Started the upgrades today with jazrider lower front suspension arms and rear chassis arms, also re oiled the rear shocks after modelsport sent a replacement for the leaking one so hopefully get a run out this weekend!

• Like 1

at last i got a servo in mine today and set up the Tx throws in the back yard

I noticed it runs very smooth forwards but it is a bit jerky in reverse is this normal.

there seems to bemore slop in the steering than I would like so I will need to take a good look at that.

Edited by philbr

I took it out to the beach today for a shake out. I got a glimps of how good the model is. but the front wheels were not tight
enought and I lost the wheel pin (oh well have to wait for the postman to brinf some spares)

I flipped it a few times and found another problem. The yeti can get across some rough ground but flip it and you need to get yourself across that ground to right it. I will need to get my driving skills up or buy some better boots :yes:

Had a weekend away in dorset so drove the yeti around Wareham forest i have to say very pleased! All in all no breakages just a lot of sand to clean out, i did take video but it ended up like blare witch project so i wont embarrass myself by posting it lol, i realy need to look into camera options!

Has anyone taken there Yeti to a skatepark yet? Would love to see a video if so, only skatepark video I've seen is on youtube full of snow.

The yeti is not the best on smooth grippy surfaces. It comes to life on the rough stuff

After the weekends foray into Wareham forest i noticed the anoying squeak from the front end was back, narrowed it down to the front diff, after stripping it out last night it did feal gritty, couldn't see any sand or debris in it but cleaned all the grease out and re aplied marine grease it seams to be smoother but we'll see!

well some how I ordered a GPM aluminium front body post mount. Its not a part I was planning to upgrade. The joys of internet

shopping

Dam i know exactly what you mean i acedentally ordered rx cover plate and rear prop shaft from asia tees lol!

I just fitted my GPM lower rear trail and noticed the rear shocks had been leaking

I have not had much luck putting together shocks I either over fill them so the lock out or end up with air gaps or now a leak any tips?

Edited by philbr

I just fitted my GPM lower rear trail and noticed the rear shocks had been leaking

I have not had much luck putting together shocks I either over fill them so the lock out or end up with air gaps or now a leak any tips?

I had issues with mine out of the box ms sent me a replacement i would recomend 30 cwt oil and fill to 3/4 full, watch the bladders they seem a weak point I'm going to replace mine very soon i noticed the rim one one of them had started to split.

I had issues with mine out of the box ms sent me a replacement i would recomend 30 cwt oil and fill to 3/4 full, watch the bladders they seem a weak point I'm going to replace mine very soon i noticed the rim one one of them had started to split.

thanks I will need to strip them down and have a good look and try again

yh mate ive had problems with the kit turnbuckles on the from ,on the first outing withing 5 minutes i broke it .i want to get the vanquish set from amain for $20 but the postage is gonna be very expensive 

That cover plate is such a simple thing, yet it's brilliant. It won't warp and end up letting water in to fry the RX (and in my case the BEC too). Tried and tested!

Also, make sure to provide plenty of close up pics of the drive shaft please, once you have it out and being installed of course. 

That cover plate is such a simple thing, yet it's brilliant. It won't warp and end up letting water in to fry the RX (and in my case the BEC too). Tried and tested!

Also, make sure to provide plenty of close up pics of the drive shaft please, once you have it out and being installed of course.

Soz didnt read your post before instalation here it is in and you can see the trap door in to, I noticed the same warping on the plastic version as you posted on your thread! hence the change, also you can probably see my velcro battery strap sitting in the background I have also fitted neoprene "bumpers" to the battery to stop sliding within the tray.

20150316_194350_zpsgsgjqhbw.jpg