• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti owners thread

philbr

5 minutes ago, Bix said:

Thanks guys, I’ve built a fair old list of vanquish parts now ? I’m also gonna get that SSD nylon axle, can’t believe what a bargain that is!

Very pleased with mine so far, I havn't given it a real battering yet but I will! 

• Like 1

The next thing to swap out on mine are the gpm shocks, I've noticed the brass ring wich holds the rose joints in at the shock mounting eye have started to come out, I've never really been happy with them if I'm honest they're fine on the flat but far to bouncy on the rough.

17 minutes ago, shaunm said:

The next thing to swap out on mine are the gpm shocks, I've noticed the brass ring wich holds the rose joints in at the shock mounting eye have started to come out, I've never really been happy with them if I'm honest they're fine on the flat but far to bouncy on the rough.

Funnily enough I need to inspect the shocks on mine, they are the stock kit version items and the fronts feel fine. The rear doesn’t actually feel like it’s doing anything, bit concerning as it’s never been run and hasn’t even got a combo in it so weighs bugger all presently!

Edited by Bix

1 minute ago, Bix said:

Funnily enough I need to inspect the shocks on mine, they are the stock kit version items and the fronts feel fine. The rear doesn’t actually feel like it’s doing anything, bit concerning as it’s never been run and hasn’t even got a combo in it so weighs bugger all presently!

Mine is fairly heavy with all the metal and 3s, I found the stock shocks leaked badly hence swapping them out.

@shaunm I’m probably gonna order those Traxxas shock parts for the stock shocks for now and see how they perform. I’d like powerstrokes eventually but my RCmart shopping cart is full enough for now ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out the hard way gpm parts and vanquish parts don't work together, specifically the vanquish front hubs and gpm arms, so back on went the plastic axial arms! Don't tell gpm but the plastic ones are better?

IMG-20181122-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20181122-WA0002.jpeg

And the reason for the swap, excessive ware in the knuckles and hubs also found ware in the rear pivot fixing, too soft a material me thinks!!!

Edited by shaunm
  • Haha 1

Just a quick one, what gearing are people using on 3S? I’ll be running a 3200kv 3660 Hobbywing sensorless motor [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bix said:

Just a quick one, what gearing are people using on 3S? I’ll be running a 3200kv 3660 Hobbywing sensorless motor emoji1303.png

Mine's still running the stock rtr gears the diffs had to have the hd gears because the standard set up can take 3s.

• Like 1

Mine's still running the stock rtr gears the diffs had to have the hd gears because the standard set up can take 3s.

Mines the kit version so already got the HD gears [emoji1303] as I bought it secondhand it didn’t come with a pinion though, they are 15t stock right?

1 hour ago, Bix said:

Mines the kit version so already got the HD gears emoji1303.png as I bought it secondhand it didn’t come with a pinion though, they are 15t stock right?

I was running 15t on mine with that combo Charlie and seemed to run nice and cool. Could prob do with going up a tooth or two tbh for a bit more top end :good:

• Like 1

I was running 15t on mine with that combo Charlie and seemed to run nice and cool. Could prob do with going up a tooth or two tbh for a bit more top end :good:

16t and 17t ordered [emoji1303]

I've just discovered an issue with my Yeti today, was wondering if anyone could help. Specifically it's to do with a new battery I bought for it a while ago but haven't used yet which is a Turnigy 5000mah 3s. The actual battery fits in the tray fine but because the wires come out of the corner of the battery, the little battery tray door won't close. Is there another way of securing the battery or would it be fine to run without the door?

I use Velcro straps on mine, the pack I use is too tall for the plastic cross brace, they hold it in really well, so should work great if you do away with the door, you could also add a thin bit of foam between the base of the pack and the battery tray to help stop it sliding sideways as well  ? 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, shaunm said:

In the rtr yeti it's just an unused part and comes in the odd bits bag.

Thank you for the info, I am trying to mount the yeti cage on my slash. Would you happen to have the bit still? would like to buy it from you if so 

3 minutes ago, helsinki98 said:

Thank you for the info, I am trying to mount the yeti cage on my slash. Would you happen to have the bit still? would like to buy it from you if so 

20190122_204014.jpg

I do if you pm your address I'll send it.

Edited by shaunm
  • Thanks 1