• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

10% to 20% or 25% will it make much diffence?

alex_666

hi i am currently running my t-maxx 2.5r engine on 10% nitro thinking of upping it to around 20%. Will htere be much difference in performance and will it be noticable? what other advantages will there be and what will i need to adjust on the engine will it just be the high speed or the low spped as well? thanks alex

It should be fine on 20% (not any higher though) but you'll need to completely retune your engine. Some people say that you shouldn't change fuels but I disagree. You'll see a significant performance increase.

Edited by bb2120

10%

Nasty

Get some 20% in after resetting the needle's

U will find

- Faster acc

- Higher Rpm

- Result of RPM = More speed

- More Horsepower from engine

- MORE FUN :D

Ziggy

hey guys. not highjacking the thread but i am on 5% for breakin (as the hobby shop owner reccomended) then i will be goin to either 16% or 20% wich one is better and how much of a difference will it make. thanks.

RC Basher

5% / 10% where do u ppl get this from? :o

Anyway - Depends on the engine size as to which would be better

.12 or smaller 16% and NO MORE

.15 16%/20%

.18 16 to 25

.21 20% to 25%

anything larger u can use 25% to 30% really

As which would be better it depends on what u want todo

also define better ? Price/Engine Life/Performance etc etc

Ziggy

the stupid shop owner gave me the 5% it came as a deal with the car and i had no choice. it is a .21 force engine and he said he runs his on 16% (because thats what the racers run) but im wondering shoyuld i get 16 or 20% i am only bashin so i would probably want the most speed.

the stupid shop owner gave me the 5% it came as a deal with the car and i had no choice. it is a .21 force engine and he said he runs his on 16% (because thats what the racers run) but im wondering shoyuld i get 16 or 20% i am only bashin so i would probably want the most speed.

"Real" racers would probably run as high a % as they can.

If they are "real" racers all they will care about is if the engine lasts for a single complete competition,after that they will re-build it and start again.

Where did he get 5% from anyway,does anyone even make that?

It does vary but I would have thought with a .21 the absolute least you would run would be 16%.

"Real" racers would probably run as high a % as they can.

If they are "real" racers all they will care about is if the engine lasts for a single complete competition,after that they will re-build it and start again.

Where did he get 5% from anyway,does anyone even make that?

It does vary but I would have thought with a .21 the absolute least you would run would be 16%.

i agree

5% is critically low

for a .21 engine 16% imo is still too low

Really u need to consider running on 20% or 25%

Ziggy

were is the best place online to buy nitro fuel from?

www.Modelsportuk.co.uk

Im trying the Orion Stuff - that fairly cheap as well

And

That Bolton model mart or sumet like that

Ziggy

i use modeltechnics 20% its amazing compared to the tornado i ran in on.....and has 15% lube content^^

that extra protection doesnt go a miss :)

i use modeltechnics 20% its amazing compared to the tornado i ran in on.....and has 15% lube content^^

that extra protection doesnt go a miss :)

the extra lube = less performance :(

i tired a form of Modeltechnics, but due to the oilyness i wasn't getting any better perfromance from the 20% as i did with tornado 16%

i got some 16% tornado becuse the shop recomend this before i got to 20%

16% is just as good as 20% really

u cudda gone to 20% straight away as for changing fuel brand/%/and sumet else is supposed to cause problems :P

Not that i've seen any atm

Ziggy