• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is the Arrma Kraton any good.

Joeloliver

Wait a sec. You guys are complaining that these arent as advertised. fact1: they run on 6s. fact2: if you do cook the esc, they replace it free of charge. What isnt as advertised? These things are barely out of their first production run. ive seen that people have cooked the original escs. Have they had the same problem with the replacements? Now that we have that out of the way...since you guys think these things should be indestructable on 6s, id like to know what other cars out there are. What have you run on 6s without any issues? Im going to assume it wasnt a rtr, so please be specific to what kit it was, and what electronics you used. im constantly seeing people complain about these cars then reccommend something like a basher sabertooth. While the sabertooth is a great truck, and a fantastic value...has anyone run one on 6s? If so, how did it hold up?

So have guys had the esc replaced yes have there esc replacements then smoked again yes I know of one personally and a another from a member on here even skinso has the new esc in his truck and from the start that dosen't even work same as his servo so for a truck to NOT be capable to do what it states it is not as advertised !!. if you advertise something to run on 6s I would hope that means longer than 10 minutes ! If a tall in poor old skinso case

You run the typhon at a track on 4s so whilst yes you use it your not pushing it limits like advertised so in theory your only running at 2/3rds of it capable advertised power! This may well be why your not exsperencing the troubles of others

Price now here is the thing the kraton stateside is cheap but here in the UK it's not so cheap now couple that to the esc issue the servo failures and the hassle and down time of returning faulty goods makes it not such a great buy IMO not when here in the UK there are better alternatives that with a few simple mods will not only allow you to run 6s but can handle 6s unlike the kraton with its exploding diffs shattering bearings and snapping pillow balls to name but a few troubles ..

You are basing your veiws on the Typhon im basing mine on the bigger heavier kraton which this thread is about!

Debate? Sorry mate, i didnt realize thats what this was. I thought this was an open forum for sharing knowledge. Regardless, in the states, the kraton is $499 shipped.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXECKVGG&P=FR&gclid=Cj0KEQiAuremBRCbtr-1qJnKi-4BEiQAh0x08B_W_-XEtPdIQU6xmyT8YnlWBJAipC_8KbhNJeY2WqMaAmin8P8HAQ

It would cost a lil more for the mt4g here. And i would have to buy it from outside the country. How is their support in the states? What is their warranty like? the kraton's is 3 years. Arrma is really good about honoring it as well.

The thing with thunder tiger stateside is greatplanes is no longer there disbutor but good news is HRP have taken over and have a mass of goods in transit which should be available any time soon to the U.S. market !

As for a 3 year warranty it's a good job Arrma supply it as going off there returns your going to need it !

I dont really see either one as a clear winner stateside at this point mainly because of the availability of thunder tiger products here at the moment. However, with them getting a new distributer here, ill be keeping an eye on their products. Im enjoying my typhon and my slash at the moment, but things wear out over time, and parts availability eventually drops off as new models are released. Im also considering picking up a nitro when summer rolls around. Tt may be a strong candidate for my next car when that day comes. Anyway, back to the original thread. Is there anything else out there That would be good competition for the kraton and mt4g3 within their price range?

This is how i see. The Arrma 6s platform is great so far i havnt broke a single plastic or metal part and i ve beaten the hell out my car both at skate parks, tracks and normal rocky fields. the platform it self is great but as for the electronics mine went up in smoke as im sure some of you know and i had 4 servos go bad, however as its already been stated its hit and miss with if it happens to you however it is still early days in terms of production run of the cars i changed my esc and servo out and its a solid beast just keeps ticking :)

This is how i see. The Arrma 6s platform is great so far i havnt broke a single plastic or metal part and i ve beaten the hell out my car both at skate parks, tracks and normal rocky fields. the platform it self is great but as for the electronics mine went up in smoke as im sure some of you know and i had 4 servos go bad, however as its already been stated its hit and miss with if it happens to you however it is still early days in terms of production run of the cars i changed my esc and servo out and its a solid beast just keeps ticking :)

Didn't you have to send yours back twice ? And didn't they almost completely overhaul it on both occasions ?

Yeah I sent it back because they wanted to see if there anything wrong mechanically with the steering bel-cranks that may of contributed to the servos failing but they didn't find anything

Yep but what is more worrying is that for those that don't know is the NEW and improved esc which replaces the v1 that kept going puff !

Think I'd rather have the one that goes puff than the one that catches fire !

Think there new rc''s should now include a fire blanket and fire exstinguisher in the box !! Imagine this happening in your house whilst your checking something !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has been running good on 6s from I fitted a castle creations bec. I had to put in a new servo as the kraton servo never worked from the start. The servo or speed controllers bec could be were the problems lie with the kraton

• 3 years later...

The quality was always there, the main problems with the v1 were the wing mount, ESC and the diffs needed shimming. Now the 2018 spec v3 has all these problems solved and more. They also include beefier shocks, reinforced bulkheads, beefier servo mount, better battery tray and bigger receiver box. loads of aftermarket upgrades too. I have a v1 Talion and love it.