• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Snakes or reptiles

pockets snakes

My mrs wont allow it lol. The petshop has tons of snakes for sale inc the one I've always liked looks poisoness but isnt red,black,white striped

Edited by RCbutcher

I have six snakes

2 corns

2 royals

2 brbs (brizilian rainbow boa )

This is one corn

Ghost (is the morph )

5a370a0eec06c5fa0f732dac9c38efec.jpg

This is the other corn

Amel ( again morph)

93efd67f6b204eb23eaff0c0bd69d42c.jpg

Nice feeding pic

aa14b4a5feb9eb36ee9954adaeeca7e5.jpg

The royals

This one is 6-7 months old

21891701727dc25f18b09a0056a6cb68.jpg

This one is around 2 years old

9b8f64c989578410142d17dd1c0f0248.jpg

Abd last my new snakes

Brb

This us the rainbow affect

e84e2a572fcfcc8ae9f70741cc05455a.jpg

This is the larger female

faeec24d7b1d19f8533bb5553c10e4be.jpg

This is the pair

0d089fad555cb8fd0bb7f0d265c8302d.jpg

Got a milk snake and a tortoise :)

Used to have a corn, but he died last year. He was over 20 years old, so not too bad.

Quite fancy a Royal, as they are docile and easy to handle in the main. My corn was a feisty little beast who hated being handled. Was a very aggressive feeder, and had a go at me more than once. The milk snake just musks and makes a mess.

The tortoise is just daft.

Got a milk snake and a tortoise :)

Used to have a corn, but he died last year. He was over 20 years old, so not too bad.

Quite fancy a Royal, as they are docile and easy to handle in the main. My corn was a feisty little beast who hated being handled. Was a very aggressive feeder, and had a go at me more than once. The milk snake just musks and makes a mess.

The tortoise is just daft.

Royals are a bloody pain problem feeder

Get anything but royals

My big bot was on a 7 month fast and it seem after 2-3 months he back on the fast so no eating yet again

I would recommend the brb or a crawl cay boas

They are very docile abd feed like a train

Or get some hog noses they can live in a 2 ft for all its life quite happy

or get another corn

The trick is witch snakes us they have to be handle once a week atleast

I have (or rather my eldest son has) a Corn Snake. First reptile I've ever had after years breeding small mammals. I find its the easiest pet to look after in the house. In fact the only problem I have with it is that the cats keep trying to catch him when I get him out. They don't seem to care when I'm handling the chinchilla's, and weren't interested when I had rats or degu's but somehow the snake looks like fun to them.

My father in law has bearded dragons, but I really don't see the appeal. They can be exceptionally stupid at feeding times (as shown above) and are all spiky so not even good to handle.

Never fancied lizards  ... pain when you go on holiday and need someone to feed them. Tortoise is easy once you get it into peoples heads that they don't eat lettuce! ...snakes you just feed up before you go.

My old Corn just never ever liked being handled. Kept trying, but he just wanted to go back in the viv and never ever settled. If anything moved near his head, he would try and strike at it. Got tagged more than once feeding him :)

Milky Joe, the milk snake was an escape artist! Until he got settled, he seemed to spend more time out than in! Was a problem feeder to start with, but would eat if you got him to open his mouth. He's just a bit lazy about food. Once we got him started, he was fine.

Need something a bit more tolerant, and not a fussy feeder...and something that can live in a 6x2, coz that's all the space I got. I also am going to make damn sure I properly handle the actual snake I buy before I purchase. I have handled loads of corns, most of whom have been very happy to be held, twining round your hand/arm or settling on your hands...but not mine. He had a mean streak :)

Never fancied lizards ... pain when you go on holiday and need someone to feed them. Tortoise is easy once you get it into peoples heads that they don't eat lettuce! ...snakes you just feed up before you go.

My old Corn just never ever liked being handled. Kept trying, but he just wanted to go back in the viv and never ever settled. If anything moved near his head, he would try and strike at it. Got tagged more than once feeding him :)

Milky Joe, the milk snake was an escape artist! Until he got settled, he seemed to spend more time out than in! Was a problem feeder to start with, but would eat if you got him to open his mouth. He's just a bit lazy about food. Once we got him started, he was fine.

Need something a bit more tolerant, and not a fussy feeder...and something that can live in a 6x2, coz that's all the space I got. I also am going to make damn sure I properly handle the actual snake I buy before I purchase. I have handled loads of corns, most of whom have been very happy to be held, twining round your hand/arm or settling on your hands...but not mine. He had a mean streak :)

Boas can happy live in a 6 ft

Brb can live in a 4 ft

Both eat like a train hardly any problem at all

Maybe go to a reptile shop

Not pets at home there bloody crap

Wee you from ??

Had few snakes, Royals, Cali, some bearded Dragons but can't handle the smell when they Crap, so off they went.:)

Ahh you tart

At least dint smell as bad as a dogs crap lol

I have 3 beardies. Love these buggers, missus does too. Just a shame they don't like each other lol.

9b62e52fcecb8ec28ee3bad90e524368_zpsd8f4

6e36448e1c41235ff8e244929a658563_zps1b15

77e618b84dc3ae978578fb70aab5de6f_zpsaa07

99e8cae56ca0546e0b1d49fbfe8212ad_zpsdba9

e736311094dd0bc7a0384b7ab31a80e2_zps14ce

829c3cbf508e77069868230d50c95272_zpsf0b1

738200aac2593040b17f125f5d5f8862_zps9f35

bf5bf1c933d5493342b96c2bd745d91b_zpsfa99

They are Buzz ( the fat one by the skulls ) he's about 6 years old. Fat lazy fuss pot. My favourite :).

Derek the one climbing the headboard, he's about 2 now. Bit of a clown he is lol.

The orange one is Dexter, straight up nut job alpha male he is. He's only about 6 months and I swear he's got the devil in him. The bigger ones submit to his head bobbing and shows.....apart from Buzz, he just don't give a hoot.....about anything.

They're my lil fellas. :)

Edited by Huktonfonics

I used to have loads. Snakes, Chameleon's, tarantulas, frogs, beetles, praying mantids etc. Just have one tarantula and one lizard now. A femal Uromastyx called Sphinx :D

Uromastyx are beautiful. If I get another reptile, it's going to be one of these.