• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A bit of brain picking

Ian w

ew that looks nasty, especially in gold.lol. gotta be better options

NOW Iam totaly confused DDM is still best yeah??

think actually the cpi pipe is the best you can get for blackout....http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/cpi-tuned-pipe-for-maverick-blackout-redcat-rampage-cpiredcat.html expensive though.

dont know if the baja pipes fit but if they do go with pistonheads suggestion^^

Let us know when it arrives and how easy to fit, what it sounds, runs like as I have the same quandary.

Would like the cpi, but cannot justify 155 billies on one.

Cheers,

Andy

I was going to say regarding the OP it gives the impression it'll be REALLY LOUD, in a day and age when people other than real enthusiasts are reluctant to accept the noise. Possibly better to avoid if this is the case.

I run an FG MT. I had a DDM Dominator. Good power, but L O U D !!

I changed to an 'official FG tuned pipe' and it seemed to lose little if any power, but was MUCH quieter, whilst still making a 'reasonable noise'.

Wheels off tuning is now possible without wearing ear defenders!!

Al.

As far as fitting Baja pipes to Blackouts go, if it was that easy, they all would have done it. Only Baja pipe I have seen on a Blackout was the old stock SS pipe. KM clone it and call it a 'Ghost' pipe. It;s horrid in either guise. Doesn;t make huge power, and has a nasty edge to it's sound.

If you have access to welding gear, then you can make anything fit though. Just keep the tuned lengths the same ( don't remove or add pipe ) and change the angles with diagonal cuts spun 180 and re-welded.

The KM Thor pipe could be made to fit I reckon, but the Baja Dom pipe would be a real pain to adapt.

Personally...I don;t like side pipes on the Blackout, as it means chopping a big chunk out of the shell to make it fit.

• Like 1

Thanks Nitro I don`t usually mess with exhaust to much I just thought I would give this a try.

Vigilemus vigilum

If your Blackout still has the stock square can with a long exit pipe on it, then it;s well worth the effort to change it. Nitros ship with pipes that are adequate for most users, with small improvements to be had by fitting pipes better tailored to how you drive.

The petrol motors ship with a square box whose only function is to reduce noise. What they REALLY want is a tuned expansion pipe. You will notice an improvement. Power and efficiency take a big step up just by fitting a proper exhaust.

• Like 1

I feel now that I have to wait and see what Freeprawn comes up with, if he can get the ddm quickly then I will go with that but if the supplier is out of stock I have told him I will cancel and want a refund.

Is the KM Thor the same pipe that is fitted to the Baja SS?

I feel now that I have to wait and see what Freeprawn comes up with, if he can get the ddm quickly then I will go with that but if the supplier is out of stock I have told him I will cancel and want a refund.

Is the KM Thor the same pipe that is fitted to the Baja SS?

No, the thor is a copy of the baja cpi pipe, ghost pipe is the ss one..:)

Ian,

I have Dominator side pipe fitted to my 'XB. In order to install it I had to turn the fuel tank around ( had to do the same to fit a CPI pipe to my previous 'MT), as it does seem that the tanks are different on the Maverick and Redcat versions ... at least they were a year or so ago.

To reverse the tank, you have to remove the rear axle as the rear dog bone goes through a tunnel in the tank. Not a major problem but it does add an hour or so to the job of fitting the pipe.

Having said that, the pipe is good, goes well and is not too loud.

Harvey 

• Like 1