• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

worksop notts meet up off road/on road

flatout!

Have a look top right is the gravel trap and to the left it's the wood yard, loads of concrete for the road tyres and there's loads of off road, i had to take a shot of the place because i don't no how to put the map on im useless at it lol! Hope this will do has a start.https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezk67dh1z2jn51n/Screenshot_2015-01-12-16-13-07.png?dl=0[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x1mcnjrd6fdr60/Screenshot_2015-01-12-16-13-07%281%29.png?dl=0]

Edited by flatout!

Sorry about the pictures im as ruff as a dogs ass with anything like this lol! Hope everyone likes the look so far i no there's nothing to see that you may have seen already but trust me its going to be amazing when there's a load of large scales flying around kicking some crap up whaaaarrrr! Flat out! I can ear it now, birds tweeting away ............... and then the sound and smell of 2 strokes bending them trottle arms on full throttle into the first bend, wow i was nearly there then pmsl! But won't it be great come on guys let's get it going and get some grass ripping done there's a hole place here to be taken advantage of, get in touch there's a number at the beginning of this topic, all models welcome there's miles of football fields that they fly rc planes and hilicoptors and there's a lake like i said for the boat enthusiasts and it's plenty big enough for a dozen boats at once, there's a free pawn very close by in a place called Retford im not so sure if it's still there i need to go and check so please bear with me on the shop being there still, iv Googled it and it's showing them to have moved but still in Retford? So ill check like i say, but as for the site i use on a regular basis so i no that's there lol! Come along and see for yourself's, hope to see you soon FLATOUT!

Hi mate, sorry for not replying sooner, i will get out there soon, ive just started racing indoors with 10th scale buggy at my local rc club, manor rc in mansfield woodhouse so its taking up some spare time at moment, but ive no plans to stop bashing with my other kit, as soon as its poss for me to get out there i will give you a ring mate on that number you provided in advance to let you know im going out there

• 2 weeks later...

Alright mate, I'm in the centre of notts and usually go out to the peak district with a few chaps, but this also sounds pretty interesting. I run an Axial Yeti that's capable of crawling, bashing and racing.

Would love to see some pics of the place...

Sorry no, im going soon though just bear with me and ill take my new baja 5b 29cc ported down there to do some running in, so ill be able to get some pictures with the baja only on 1/4 throttle lol! Ye thats what ill do pal,

are you close enough to get here with out to much travelling?

It'd take me about an hour to get there, less if it's an early start. I usually go trailing in the peaks with some buddies, but it'll be good to come up some time and have a bash.  Need to do some repairs on the Yeti then im road-worthy again, so maybe in a few weeks or so when the parts get here and i do my repairs.

Yes matey that would be cool ive got to run mine in and get through the newness thing lol! Theres a nice pub near by that we could grab some lunch or use the cafe thats on the site were we would be bashing, it keeps them quite with the 2 strokes making a noise if we'd use there cafe. Have a look at general rc " happily ever after" thred, youll see my baja its brand new, and if you go to general rc again and look for stolen/ robbed and you'll see why I've got a new baja.

Holy crap - i just read the other thread!  I can't believe what you went through mate that's terrible!  But what a great community this lot is hey, everyone chucking in like that, fantastic.

After reading your posts I've literally just spoken to the mrs and instructed her on a new door answering policy, ie she doesn't do it any more and we check to see who's there via the upstairs bedroom window.

Im also going to put up a big fk-off LED floodlight above the door too, controlled from the inside of the house.

• Like 1

Im sorry youve had to read it matey, and yes I sh#t myself lol! But your right about the window look every time dont get lazy, we did theres a bedroom window next to the dam door, get some of them door guards iv got 4 on now there every where, but im telling you matey there not even going to get to our door, not even to knock, im out there seeing who ever it is with a BIG chopper lol! And ill not even think twice, because there not doing it again, ive promised the mrs that much!

I felt so helpless seeing me mrs being hit, I dont do it, so know one else is the bastards, im taking it all the way to court and see them rot.

wow that feels better sorry about that pal

Wow it's unbelievable, but good to know they've caught them; that must be a relief. 

So, this crazy buggy you have then, I mean i thought my Yeti was a fair size, but that titan will dwarf my dinky 1/10 scale!!  Won't be much point in us racing or owt as you'll cane my yeti.

How often do you get out and about with it?  I'll need to figure out when i'm next able to drive up there.

I can go out at any time you like matey, drop of a hat ill be there lol!

iv got another two 5th scales you can use one of them if you like? No bother, you tell me your coming and ill make sure ones ready for you, if you get board you can go back to your yeti lol!

Ha lol! When do you think it would be, because there a bash at a local village to me and its at a bmx track, its on the 2nd February weekend coming, we could go to that one or even just stay at my place langold because I think they mite be coming to langold after bashing at warsop, if theres anything left of um lol! But you'll be the first to come over here and youll not be disappointed I can promise you that, theres loads to do here,

Well there's a couple of limiting factors for me & going out for good wholesome RC fun. First one (and far from a long term show-stopper) is the Yeti is off the road at the mo waiting for a replacement axle. It's currently on a slow boat from China (literally).

Secondly, and more importantly, is that my mrs and little boy place heavy demands on my time, naturally. To be honest the mrs is great and doesn't mind me going off for the day, but i don't like to take the p155 and do it too often. So I try for once a month, and if i can earn the brownie points, a couple.

For quick bashes around my local area it's a non-issue, but when I have an hour drive ahead of me I need to make a day of it or it's pointless.

So, I kinda have to play it by ear and will let you know when i can get up there with as many days notice as poss. The 7th seems unlikely, but I'll not write it off entirely.

You'll only have to give me a day, but keep in touch because if iv just been out just before your coming, you never no with rc's I could of smashed it up or something lol! But iv got the other to use but I dont like it, it isn't a patch on the km, and the king motors is hpi compatible to so the parts are easy to get hold of