• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

looking for a decent brushless car etc

hokuspokus

just have sold my nitro car as was looking into getting a half decent brushless one,just wondering what you guys can recommend?looking something that has good decent power and at a decent price?what would you go for?

cheers graham

On road - replica muscle car, rally, etc.?

Off road - buggy, truggy, monster truck?

Budget?

Scale?

Thought of batteries, charger, connectors?

Where are you going to run it - car park, smoothish dirt, smooth garden / grass, rough, very rough, skateboard park?

These are all considerations.

Al.

well thats a start......what style of rc do u like....will help narrow it down sum more for us

One that works :D lol,mate this is all new to me so style? looking something to have a bit of fun with,i sold my nitro,but my 2 boys still have there wee nitro ones so its just something to mess about with them.something thats decent basic to start with then can upgrade parts,just ive another hobby collecting and building old school 80s bmx's have approx 14 built and another 20-30 to build and more coming from the U.S,so its a really expensive hobby.

Hpi firestrom ..but 200 quid is not gonna buy u a new one and batteries..2nd hand yes...I'd stay away from ftx range...me boy had a carnage..we didn't rate it much tbh...so sold it for a 2nd hand firestrom flux off here. .120 quid delivered. .he already had batteries so job done...the ftx'x r made of cheese...the soft kind..lol!!...the fs is so much more bashable then the ftx...he kept stripping gears n diffs in it...yes the ftx's parts r cheap...but thats jus it..cheap!!!

Edited by evssv

Its getting the one in the sale section that what am looking as i could look and buy the wrong thing possibly,i'll look and see.

if u see /find one on here or anywere else ..ebay gymtree ect...ASK here before u part with any Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Am not sure on the sale forum if there is anything around the price am looking,and it says rollers,parts etc none really brushless etc so might just give up on the idea of all this.

Lol. ..at least wait a Wk or 2...or if the money is really burning a hole in ur pocket look on model sports shop site. ..I'm sure u could find somthing to buy for 200 quid. ...

Am not sure on the sale forum if there is anything around the price am looking,and it says rollers,parts etc none really brushless etc so might just give up on the idea of all this.

here ya go...very strong...parts a plenty. .and u can go brushless once u get bored with nimh battery's

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/202033-traxxas-rustler-vxl-for-sale/#entry2100434..compared to what ur 200 quid will buy from Ms or any model shop u'ed b stupid not to buy it....way better then any ftx..maverick..cheapish rc...traxxas have been around for ages. ...and this is a tried n tested platform

Edited by evssv

so...there's a few for u...and at least buyin off here u shouldn't get scammed and sent a pile of crap which is advertised as 'good condition '....ask plenty of questions and don't just buy it because it's there.....

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

so...there's a few for u...and at least buyin off here u shouldn't get scammed and sent a pile of crap which is advertised as 'good condition '....ask plenty of questions and don't just buy it because it's there.....

Thanks for all your help there evssv,i have messaged them guys ;)

Thanks for all your help there evssv,i have messaged them guys ;)

if it were me id probably go for the rustler as its brand new basically and parts r easy to get and its basic and strong. ...and u can add to it later to gain more power. ...good luck!!