• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just bought an Axial Scx-10 to replicate Landrover Defender 90

gti power

shifting the shocks higher on the shock hoops , gives the effect of lowering the chassis

instead of the links being at an angle they tend to then sit horizontal.

possible the ones that do look to scale have had an adjustable shock hoop fitted allowing the shock to be mounted higher up on chassis

rail and hence lowering the link arms to horizontal 

shifting the shocks higher on the shock hoops , gives the effect of lowering the chassis

instead of the links being at an angle they tend to then sit horizontal.

possible the ones that do look to scale have had an adjustable shock hoop fitted allowing the shock to be mounted higher up on chassis

rail and hence lowering the link arms to horizontal 

I have discovered i need to remove a fair amount of the interior and re structure it to suite.

yeah its a pain in the arze.

looking at getting a scx10 myself but hate the part when it comes to bodys and working on them

its a pain in the rear. be nice if companys slimlined the gearboxes somewhat give us more room for fancy stuff.

yeah its a pain in the arze.

looking at getting a scx10 myself but hate the part when it comes to bodys and working on them

its a pain in the rear. be nice if companys slimlined the gearboxes somewhat give us more room for fancy stuff.

I did say to the guy in the shop i wish id just bought a Gelande 2 now. He said the Axial was a far better product?

Very nice shell

Good job!

Thanks will update pics shortly have made a few changes, think im actually going to make myself some body mounts, remove more interior and refit my 1.9s.

This is by far one of the nicest ive seen http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74689 ....going to copy his mounting idea as its bang on and accomodates the ESC nicely too.

I did say to the guy in the shop i wish id just bought a Gelande 2 now. He said the Axial was a far better product?

Thanks will update pics shortly have made a few changes, think im actually going to make myself some body mounts, remove more interior and refit my 1.9s.

This is by far one of the nicest ive seen http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74689 ....going to copy his mounting idea as its bang on and accomodates the ESC nicely too.

That one is amazing

• 5 months later...

I know what you mean, I'm not sure it's quite that style of defender?

I've been considering them since I started the build and I'm still not sure.

Looking to get these wheels ca7a54d4ae36511e58cd74f28afb3963.jpg but the set of 5 as I need a spare, again I feel these will make it appear more like a road rover than an off roader.

I'd also like to do another D90 perhaps something I'd be more happy crawling with as I'm a little protective over this body, that said there are lots of little defects and issues I have learnt from if I was to do another.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk