• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

diff oil

rob.1

Hi I have a trophy truggy. And was wondering if anyone has the same problem as I have, when I turn at medium speed the inside wheel lifts off the ground and just spins, the truggy slows down until the wheel touches the ground again then it accelerates as normal. I was thinking thicker diff oil but don't know how thick and in which diff?? Any other ideas or advise would be great, cheers.

Thicker diff oil will stop to car from slowing down so much, as with an open diff all the power goes to the wheel under the least stress, the I side one. This means the other wheel that's still on the ground won't be getting any power and the truggy effectively becomes rear wheel drive which will cause it to slow... Thicker diff oil or a locked diff (although I wouldn't recommend this in the front, will cause lots of under steer) will push some of the power to outside wheel and you have three wheel drive so the slowing effect will be less.

In order to stop this though, you need to find a way of stopping the car from rolling as it's this which causes the unloading of the inside front wheel. Ways to combat this could be by installing anti roll bars, stiffer springs and possibly some thicker shock oil in the front, but be careful not to be too aggressive on setup as this could cause under steer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk