• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Super 5SC Flux

sean-vrs

I've just finished going through all eleven pages of servos! They've got quite a list. I've never considered Hobbyking for servos before, I wrongly assumed they'd only sell cheap junk! They've got at least half a dozen that caught my eye as being useful for the S5. Some are probably junk, but some seem good.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll update the Card then, cheers. it's strange as I can program my Mamba Monster 2 ESC, but not the older one in this truck.

on another note I've started to build a cap pack, my idea being the power curve will be more Linear and help the ESC.

Never seen them before until all these brushless monsters are coming out to play :D

The cap pack minimises current spikes; I took data from the first xl2 I bought, with and without the pack fitted, the difference was incredible!

A cap pack does generate sparking at the connectors though, so prepare for a sharp crack and bright flash... ;)

had it out today for its first proper run.

It's an awesome thing goes and dances like a 1/8th scale, will have a vid shortly :)

Ran it on 6s with the floureon packs, can't sing there praises enough had 20 mins constant run time and packs were at 3.7v per cell when I bought it in. I would have ran longer but I broke #86249 the end axle at the front.

Ordered a set now so will be out again soon, fast becoming one of my favourite kits :D

Tug

Yes IIRC you had the prototype CD that you were testing for him. What happened cos he hasn't listed it on his web site. Seem to recall you were having lots of fun with MGM motors and big cans.

Raj

Tug

Yes IIRC you had the prototype CD that you were testing for him. What happened cos he hasn't listed it on his web site. Seem to recall you were having lots of fun with MGM motors and big cans.

Raj

Yes, he's made them, just PM him. It's a perfect fit!

Large Leopard motor with super low 380kv. Small MGM ESC, just 140 Amp, but 8s rated.

She's rocking!

No time or budget for it at the mo. I will attempt something like it eventually as the stubs are the last weak point I'd like to address. The rest of the car will survive most mishaps, kudos to HPI for that!

I might PM the guy and see if he'll do a small production run.

• Like 1