• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

real problems deciding on a first rc!

myv8growler

BEC= Battery eliminator circuit.

You can waterproof the tamiya esc by putting it in a balloon and cable tying the balloon where the wires exit. May not be 100% waterproof but unless you're planning to submarine it, it should be fine. I'd save your money seeing as the kit usually comes with an ESC anyway. I don't like the deal packages, think you need to figure out exactly what you want first rather than be steered to a generic package. Some you can tailor anyway.

The lunchbox isn't too hard on the servo, I would say metal geared isn't a necessity for the CW01 chassis, it's always better to have metal geared/BB on steering servo's but I really don't think a standard LB warrants it. The WR01 chassis on the other hand is much more brutal on the servo so I'd say it's a must on that chassis as failure is only a matter of time. 

A 2.4g transmitter would be better, no interference/xtal issues with other users, most only use 4AA batteries where as that old Acoms uses 8nr. But it is becoming harder to find a decent stick radio with 2.4g. I don't know if the code one/Etronix are any good and haven't seen the Fly sky.

Cheers

Nito

I'm a big fan of Futaba's. I'm running my old heli Futaba FF7 on my new Bruiser project. Just need to take the ratchet off it and get/make a couple of shift gates.

The spektrum 5ch sticks seem pretty good value at the moment but I have no idea how good they are.

V8 growler, for now, if I were you, I'd get a decent charger

Thanks for the advice.

I will keep it simple to start with, then upgrade later.

I already have 2 batteries, a slow and fast charger, so I will omly need one decent battery.

I've got an amazon voucher so I might get the transmitter from there.

• 1 month later...