• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

yama buggy

peter000

Hi not sure if any one can help me I'm new to petrol rc i brought a yama buggy just to see what there like iv done bout ten tanks through it and it runs nicely iv got an upgraded exhaust on it from eBay there is a man on there doing on offs manifold and every thing to fit straight on. nw but the alloy blocks that the wheels sit in keep cumin lose iv taken the wheels off and Iv threadlocked the grub screws and leafed ten hours for full strength but they still keep coming lose can any one help much appreciated

Is this the actual square pieces that sit on the ends of the axles?

If so...that's not an uncommon problem. They copied the design from FG, and it was a problem with them too. Easy to cure.

Get a slightly longer grubscrew to start with. If you look at the tip of the grubscrew, it's slightly conical. This actually reduces the contact area. So what I do is to carefully mark where on the axle the grubscrew contacts. Then...remove the square and carefully drill just the tip of a drill-bit in where the grub sits. This makes a conical pit for the tip of the grubscrew to sit in. Then do up with plenty of threadlock. That means that even if the screw loses bite, the wheel square stays on.

Don;t go mad with the drillas you don;t want to go through it and weaken the axle....just make a 'nest' for the screw to settle in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes definitely drill it I didn't do it to my yamma buggy, wish I did thou, wow you've got ten tanks through it ? Mines still stud there with no servos or a receiver in it but I'm sure it's still ok only put about 4 tanks if that and the receiver went on me, so i bought a king motors and no problems here

Thanks for replying drilled them out guna try it tomoz see if it has worked thanks again

iv got a 4 tank old yamma buggy just needs receiver for it the servos are ok i think, i just couldn't get them to bind back together after stripping the servo tray out to clean it, it's still mint as still same tyres 0 use really 4 tanks and no jumps at all I never do jumps flatout racing for me I love it, and ive done a few mods to it, iv got a tuned pipe to put on it and a set off fg wheels off road ones 5 spoke with worn out tyres that was on them when I bought the wheels.

If your interested like not to worry if not I'm going to get it going for the Mrs to use ill have someone to bash with at least

Hi again can anyone help me again I'm just ordering sum km hexs for my yama buggy got a set off bak wheels for it already if I order the hexs of rc modelz do they cum with the grub screws or do I av to buy them separately and one more thing can I just do the hexs on the bak n leave the squares on the front and do I av to use a washer like the old wheels or do u just buy the proper nuts that go on the hexs thanks

The km hexs wont work mate, you need something like these..http://rokrc.com.au/shop/fg-to-hpi-hub-adapters-18mm-square-drive-to-24mm-hex-drive-1-pair

they're the only ones I could find they where on ebay much cheaper but not now..there maybe someone on here that can fab some for ya. I know a bloke on another forum who can if ya have no luck ;)

Hi i went on that german site don't no what it's called it's on one of my topics about baja's, thay do the adapters for the yamma buggy to the 24mm hex km size and they do the one iv bought from yamma buggy adapters that alowed me to run the yamma buggy wheels fg style wheels on my king motors baja 5b, now I can use both sets of wheels now ???? and you will if you can find the site sorry ill try and find what there called lol! It will take me all day lol! I'm crap with these dam computers

• Like 1

Hi i went on that german site don't no what it's called it's on one of my topics about baja's, thay do the adapters for the yamma buggy to the 24mm hex km size and they do the one iv bought from yamma buggy adapters that alowed me to run the yamma buggy wheels fg style wheels on my king motors baja 5b, now I can use both sets of wheels now ???? and you will if you can find the site sorry ill try and find what there called lol! It will take me all day lol! I'm crap with these dam computers

Rc-car-online..thats the one ;) ..http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/y0521-y0521-hpi-rim-to-fg-car-wheel-adaptor-2-pcs-.html

an cheap too..

Edited by mark35

You should be able to fit any CY or Zenoah engine.

Also...don't bother with a KM throttle servo. There are plenty of servos to choose from which are better quality and give better performance. Try an Alturn 780 metal geared one or the power HD 1501

You won't go wrong with advice of these guys matey, and iv got a load of stuff for the yama buggy pal, to full cars worth and they both run fine but no carb and pull start on one but one of them, but the other is bang on and it's had the trottle servo changed and it's quite quick the servo i mean! Lol! Better than the standed one anyway, but them converted hex for the yama buggy are available on the link that's been put on, ive got the ones to run the squares on the km baja but there no bloody here yet.

If your after anything for it pal iv got it all here for it and your welcome any time to pm me and i can post to you.

Cheers guys your great on here!

I'm thinking of drilling the axel so the grub screw seats it's self in it, iv sat it on the flats and tightened them so tight i can't go no more but the drive side still comes a drifted with red locktite to, it's going to have to be drilled im sure unless the square your on about are a better quality then ill try them, it's a yama buggy i don't think anything on it is any kind of quality lol! But I'm getting theyre with it, iv made it a project to make it better because i believe with some time and effort it will be a strong little buggy, my Mrs is using it at the minute so all good and it's getting used

Edited by flatout!

Hi not sure if any one can help me I'm new to petrol rc i brought a yama buggy just to see what there like iv done bout ten tanks through it and it runs nicely iv got an upgraded exhaust on it from eBay there is a man on there doing on offs manifold and every thing to fit straight on. nw but the alloy blocks that the wheels sit in keep cumin lose iv taken the wheels off and Iv threadlocked the grub screws and leafed ten hours for full strength but they still keep coming lose can any one help much appreciated

The problem is this... Try different leaves!

• Like 1

Thanks for replying drilled them out guna try it tomoz see if it has worked thanks again

did you drill um kid? Has it done the trick? I'd expect to keep them in a specialy if these guys say so, i still haven't done it and every time I take it out ive got to do it, it's because I've got a km now and im not spending any time on it, it'll be fine though when you get through all the teething problems. Thanks guys for the advice

I'm thinking of drilling the axel so the grub screw seats it's self in it, iv sat it on the flats and tightened them so tight i can't go no more but the drive side still comes a drifted with red locktite to, it's going to have to be drilled im sure unless the square your on about are a better quality then ill try them, it's a yama buggy i don't think anything on it is any kind of quality lol! But I'm getting theyre with it, iv made it a project to make it better because i believe with some time and effort it will be a strong little buggy, my Mrs is using it at the minute so all good and it's getting used

thats strange that it still works loose with red locktite on normally the only thing that releases red is heat. Are your bearings good?

I have bout 8 spare fg squares in my toolbox if ya wanna give them a try mate.;)