• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can anyone recommend a good reciever? baja large scale

flatout!

on rc sparks love it great the 4x4 short course, i love watching u guys wicked stuff mate your trucks quick as, i like rear wheel best it's all you then but it's what you like at the end of the day, i like EV he's a great guy and medic is to, evs got the same taste in design and looks i love to keep mine clean as a whistle

I run a 5ive..., (if you'd like to see more of it, check out rcsparks ( DJ medic ) 5th scale videos....I am fortunate to only live about 10 min away from his track and have run at a few of his events) This is mine....

d83179bd9d52a6dc1d3e05a4c8b66385.jpg

Complete custom vinyl wrap and orange wheels... Along with a bunch of upgrades...I Designed it to look like my first rc from years ago... The losi jr-xt

When I got it, I has a spectrum dx2s radio.... But now I run the futaba 4pks and its light years better than the speccy

Any pics of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on rc sparks love it great the 4x4 short course, i love watching u guys wicked stuff mate your trucks quick as, i like rear wheel best it's all you then but it's what you like at the end of the day, i like EV he's a great guy and medic is to, evs got the same taste in design and looks i love to keep mine clean as a whistle

Ya, I'm definetly not the quickest... But it's a great group to run with... And after there's video replay:).... I actually bought my 4pks radio from Everett at the end of the last season....

I found with the bajas they have a hard time maintaining control unless the track conditions are just right..... We had one race day where they hooked up beautifully...and then the next day...couldn't keep on the track....

Sent from my iPad

Sorry i don't know how to load the bloody pictures, iv tryed following the step by step but jeepers i can't do it dam computers sorry

I run a clone 5b with the 29cc cy and i love it im doing hop ups as i go but it ok as is at min, done the shock towers integy front and rear loads of ajustment and iv got a good knowledge of set up as i raced real size ovel racing so it helps with corner speed

I think that's down to set up again the good day you had your setting were right for the track and the next day it's always different you'vethen got to mess with your settings on the buggy iit's self, id go to a full meeting all weekend friday you'd be on sliks and Sunday on wets, that's bad look, but if you no your settings already it's quick to change, i bet nobody that just bashers change the camber and spring settings some will but most im sure don't, from grass to loose dirt i change the ssuspension by about half inch or it just will not turn in, soft on the front to turn in quicker i didn't think it would make a difference with these but it does big time

I think that's down to set up again the good day you had your setting were right for the track and the next day it's always different you'vethen got to mess with your settings on the buggy iit's self, id go to a full meeting all weekend friday you'd be on sliks and Sunday on wets, that's bad look, but if you no your settings already it's quick to change, i bet nobody that just bashers change the camber and spring settings some will but most im sure don't, from grass to loose dirt i change the ssuspension by about half inch or it just will not turn in, soft on the front to turn in quicker i didn't think it would make a difference with these but it does big time

You could be right.... My 5ive was my first 5th scale ....I just love how " planted" it feels

I love it when you drive it up to you and flick the 3rd chanel fantastic its great isn't it! what do you run paul and what radio gear?

It's even better when you nail your throttle wide open and have the throttle servo fail.... you just tap the button and roll to a stop :)

Going back to the losi 5ive id love one, think I'll be getting the clone from rc's it looks good and when all the up grades are done you probably won't no the difference, maybe you will? From what i can make out they stay in a straight line easily compared to a 2 wheel drive so you can be a lot quicker around a track, but like Paul was saying last night he loves the way they are planted wicked saying,

But if you've got one of these baja's and you've got it set up they'll take some catching.

love it on rc sparks when the two wheels kick ass