• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Integy universal hi-torque servo saver

pug=309

Hello, first of all, seasons greatings to you and your family.

I stumbled onto this after browsing the integy site.

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=20805&p_catid=98&ratesortby=New#.VJsxYf8MA

C25755RED.jpg

Dose anyone know what this is used for, i know states servo saver, but is this a back up for the one that comes on the rc, is it for the throttle/brake, or maybe a replacement for the stock rc one, ive searched and can't find any info, reviews or anything

Thank you

Allan

I'm guessing it's for a tamiya car why buy this when tamiya do their own that's just as good they all work with the same plastic clip in the middle where as the tamiya one I recall has a metal clip that acts like a spring but I remember this http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/188458-tamiya-heavy-duty-servo-saver-51000-too-much-play/

Ah i see, so this is for 1/10 Tamiya, i thought it was a possible upgrade for anything (as in our virus), oh well thanks guys.  Not really universal then is it lol

Thanks

Allan

You seem to be over thinking it. It's simply a universal servo saver that replaces the stock one. Not necessarily only for Tamiya. Whether it's an 'upgrade' depends entirely on the quality of your original servo saver.

Edited by DreXeL
  • Like 1

This servo saver would be of no use on a 1/8 nitro buggy it's made as a 1/10 alternative to the ones used in touring cars for your virus there's a alloy replacement that you can possibly still get and it makes a big difference also switching the copper bushings to bearings helps I found putting flanged bearings in the akkurman plate improved it even more

• Like 1

It's for cars that don't have a servo saver built into the steering assembly. So some 2wd 10th buggies, many TCs, 12th and smaller.

Anything 10th/4wd or larger will either have one fitted, or be far too heavy for that sort of device.

TBH the one fitted to my last 2wd rtr (never again!) was so feeble that i just got a better servo and an aluminum servo arm.

You seem to be over thinking it. It's simply a universal servo saver that replaces the stock one. Not necessarily only for Tamiya. Whether it's an 'upgrade' depends entirely on the quality of your original servo saver.

Thank you

This servo saver would be of no use on a 1/8 nitro buggy it's made as a 1/10 alternative to the ones used in touring cars for your virus there's a alloy replacement that you can possibly still get and it makes a big difference also switching the copper bushings to bearings helps I found putting flanged bearings in the akkurman plate improved it even more

Hi, yeah i've replaced the bushes in the akerman plate and the 2 steering pin things ( the one that holds the servo saver)  with bearings thanks to your advice when i joined, yeah i've seen the alloy servo saver on ebay, just never had the cash to get one.

It's for cars that don't have a servo saver built into the steering assembly. So some 2wd 10th buggies, many TCs, 12th and smaller.

Anything 10th/4wd or larger will either have one fitted, or be far too heavy for that sort of device.

TBH the one fitted to my last 2wd rtr (never again!) was so feeble that i just got a better servo and an aluminum servo arm.

Thank you

I just saw this and with no info available (that i could see) thought thi might of been an upgrade for our truggy, thank you for all the replies

Thank you

Allan