• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mt4g3.....Centre diff strip. ..

evssv

20141224_205111_zpsyedw8vtw.jpg..rebuilt it but for sum reason it kept locking up......and would only turn smoothly one way...hhmm....so I took out the shims off the end of 4 gears....still locking up....wtfudge!!...so took it apart again and ran my hex driver along all the inner surfaces inside the ally diff case...and sure enuff on one of the recesses where the pin sits I could feel a divet...so my guess is the pin is moving into this and locking the gears up....I found If I wiggled the output cup it would turn a bit then lock up again....so I ordered a set of these as the standard housing is plastic Edited by evssv

Hi fella you might be having trouble as not all those diff gears are good ! The ones in the old bag are already worn some, the little gears are good but the bigger ones are dead !. Strip the diff and use the new gears !!!.

Those alloy diff cases you just ordered are the same as what's on there so contact rob at irc as they have a lifetime guarantee !!

I have had some similar faults on my new ones hence why I dropped the oil thickness and change the oil much more regular, seems so far to be helping as I have not lost another cup or set of gears since.

Hi fella you might be having trouble as not all those diff gears are good ! The ones in the old bag are already worn some, the little gears are good but the bigger ones are dead !. Strip the diff and use the new gears !!!

Those alloy diff cases you just ordered are the same as what's on there so contact rob at irc as they have a lifetime guarantee !!

I have had some similar faults on my new ones hence why I dropped the oil thickness and change the oil much more regular, seems so far to be helping as I have not lost another cup or set of gears since.

ahh crap!!..I already paid for em...I didn't realise they had a lifetime guarantee...I will ring him soonas I can...I ordered a 60000, 100000, 30000wt for the diffs from ms..bit cheaper then je models. ....I take it they know u at innovative then???and yes I did use the ones in the baggy...I'll use the brand new kit when I get the new housing.....I jus e mailed them so hopefully they'll get bak to me...will they replace it then??....whats the process??? Edited by evssv

Don't know about the procedure as i have never had to return anything sorry .. I have never meet rob before no but have had a fair bit of communication with the guy over time.. He is a real gent and i'm sure he will sort you out 

If you end up with a spare set don't worry as i'll always take them off you as i need another set for the st1, just pm me :thumbsup:  

Don't know about the procedure as i have never had to return anything sorry .. I have never meet rob before no but have had a fair bit of communication with the guy over time.. He is a real gent and i'm sure he will sort you out

If you end up with a spare set don't worry as i'll always take them off you as i need another set for the st1, just pm me :thumbsup:

ok...I'll wait n see what they say.....

hes gonna send me another out....I said I'd send the dodgy one so he can chk it out for him self.....I'll either keep the new set or offer em to u...I'll see what I find in the others before I decide.....might b signs of wear in them possibly. ...can only imagine the immense forces on every metal bit in the drive train whilt bashing on 6s....I cant imagine a plastic housing holding up to long tbh... Edited by evssv

• 4 weeks later...