• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best drifter for a noob?

Sharkfat78

Hey guys, just wondered what drifter you would recommend for a noob?

I did have an HPI Sprint 2 but sold that for other projects. I plan to get a drifter in the new year and figured I'd ask on here which one you guys would suggest. I don't have a budget as such as I'll be saving for one, and I'm not bothered where I buy it from, although I do want a new one.

I'm happy to buy a kit so that's not a problem, but I don't really want to buy one that I'm gonna have to spend a load on upgrades to get it to drift nicely. 

The Yokomo DIB looks a nice bit of kit (its the red! :P ) but people keep mentioning the MST and the Sakura D3 also. There are so many versions of these cars by brain has imploded.

Cheers

I keep looking at the Yokomo DIB V2 on RCmart. Even if I get my pants pulled down by customs I'll still save a fortune on one. For the money it seems to be a lot better than the MST. I'm sure if I bought an MST and got it up to the same level it'd cost me more anyway.

Plus the fact everyone I know has an MST so I'd like something else lol. 

There are two versions of the DIB on rcmart. Ones about $390 and the other is about $500+. Not really sure what the differences are but it did mention something to do with bulkheads :/

There should be the cheaper DIB ver. RS with more plastic parts and the standard expensive carbon and alu DIB

Read somewhere that even the cheaper (cheaper relative to it's brother) RS is a good drifter.

I keep looking at the Yokomo DIB V2 on RCmart. Even if I get my pants pulled down by customs I'll still save a fortune on one. For the money it seems to be a lot better than the MST. I'm sure if I bought an MST and got it up to the same level it'd cost me more anyway.

Plus the fact everyone I know has an MST so I'd like something else lol. 

There are two versions of the DIB on rcmart. Ones about $390 and the other is about $500+. Not really sure what the differences are but it did mention something to do with bulkheads :/

your about 15minutes from soul rc. pop down they are top lads and will look after you you can get a basic chassis for about 150 pound.