• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what is the best 1/8 nitro truggy for race?

Moncute

A lot on here will say LOSI but there's a few to choose from and their virtually all the same associated for one the kyosho St-rr evo there's the durango the hyper ss and team c t8 and agama a8t take your pick from those but before you buy check at your local track ona race day to see what's performing the best for where you'll be racing

There really is no best. It comes down to two things: 1) Your budget, and 2) Your driving style. Me personally, if I were going to buy a truggy right now it would the MBX7 T. Not because I have a Mugen buggy but simply impressive on paper. I've only seen a few at a track for brief periods, but doubt could go wrong. My second choice would be Serpent S811 T. Both those vehicles will set you back ~$1,200 assuming you need an engine/electronics, etc.  

Agama was mentioned above. I had an A8 buggy...and know some guys who rave about that truggy. Unaware of any RTR truggies other than the Trophy, but if Hobao makes one that would be my RTR recommendation.

MBX7t or the Serpent 811t, they would-be choice.. Tekno do an amazing truggy too.

I have the Serpent myself and I love it

I have heard such great things about Tekno vehicles. They are relatively new to the nitro scene, btu I know a few guys who own tracks/hobby shops (so that can and do drive whatever they want) and they all RAVE about Tekno. my next buggy is Xray, but Tekno has made it on my 'to-get' list for sure.

On a side note, how are you liking that Virtus? I bet it villainous in that Mugen, eh? What pipe are you running with it? That or the Spec II is my next race engine.

Edited by Nitro RC Nerd

I have heard such great things about Tekno vehicles. They are relatively new to the nitro scene, btu I know a few guys who own tracks/hobby shops (so that can and do drive whatever they want) and they all RAVE about Tekno. my next buggy is Xray, but Tekno has made it on my 'to-get' list for sure.

On a side note, how are you liking that Virtus? I bet it villainous in that Mugen, eh? What pipe are you running with it? That or the Spec II is my next race engine.

I haven't run it yet lol, waiting patiently for parts to arrive... Once they do and it's all together, I'll let you know.  At the moment it's a 2090 pipe, sounds nice when fired up.. I rev the engine manually and it's all very instant and has crazy revs!

To be honest mate the Losi 8ight 3.0 and sworkz 350 are on sale now and very cheap but if you by results the hot bodies d812 is the best because it just won the worlds, there is also the kyosho mp9 which is very popular in the racing scene

-edit- ignore this I thought it said buggy, my bad

Edited by JayAVFC

At the moment it's a 2090 pipe, sounds nice when fired up.. 

Are you running the EFRA 2090 (Alpha) or the OS/ProTek/S-Works version (EFRA 2089)

d812 is the best because it just won the worlds, 

I imagine it's more due to Tessman than the D812 ;-) They stuck gold with him, eh?

Edited by Nitro RC Nerd

Are you running the EFRA 2090 (Alpha) or the OS/ProTek/S-Works version (EFRA 2089)

I imagine it's more due to Tessman than the D812 ;-) They stuck gold with him, eh?

I didn't say I think it's the best I said going by results it is the best.

I think money wise the Losi is the best

Popularity wise kyosho is the best

I didn't say I think it's the best I said going by results it is the best.

I think money wise the Losi is the best

Popularity wise kyosho is the best

Thanks for the clarification. Based on that, is the D8T the second best truggy...since it was vice-champion? I'm not having a go at you...simply trying to learn here. Tessman's D812 is not the same currently manufactured by HB, is it?

Oh, and I never said you said it was the best. I simply alluded to the fact that 'results' is most often dictated by the driver at that level. Or do you disagree?

Edited by Nitro RC Nerd

Thanks for the clarification. Based on that, is the D8T the second best truggy...since it was vice-champion? I'm not having a go at you...simply trying to learn here. Tessman's D812 is not the same currently manufactured by HB, is it?

Oh, and I never said you said it was the best. I simply alluded to the fact that 'results' is most often dictated by the driver at that level. Or do you disagree?

I agree that tessman could drive a rtr car and be competitive because of his skill level but I think the d812 is well made and reliable

1st rule of Rc.  Set a budget.

Then we can get you a refined list of truggies.

Ignoring that,. my pick would be the Serpent or Losi for value.

Remember though that with the high end kits, you really don't need hopups and extras.  Factor that in when looking at cheaper models ;)

There's a lot more to deciding what to get price for one parts availability and the most important what ever the op likes we can post endless arguments about which we think is the best to get but that's just your opinion and as far as high end kits go if your just club racing get what you like the look of not what people think is best