• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

tamiya tt-02 drive type: gear box?

XxSWAINY96xX

Probably a slight mistranslation or engrish

Quote from tamiya site:

Drive type: shaft

Drive line: dog bone

Differential type: gear

Edited by danb1974

this is the car i orderd. http://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-tt-02/rc-car-products/379576

this car is effectively the same car just a different body shell right?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-laferrari-tt-02-/rc-car-products/379577

is it just a mistake where it has different drive types?

Identical chassis, shaft driven 4wd with front and rear diff.

Immediately invest in an ally prop shaft and two sets of tt01e diff internals; the tt02 uses plastic diff gears for some strange reason, which are best left on the sprue. A set of bearings is advisable also, as they improve performance and provide longevity over the plastic and brass bushings supplied with the kit.

Enjoy the build, shouldn't take more than 90 minutes to have a completed chassis ;)

yes definetly. thanks for the advice i love building these kits. soo much fun. i plan on turning it into a drifter. gonna make my own custom one way front diff. intresting to hear they made the diffs out of plastic when the old ones were metal?

As a kit, the 02 is a nice improvement, aside from the diff internals...I assume Tamiya believe the plastic will be more durable than the older, metal parts? Of no real issue, 01 parts are cheap :)

Word of caution, go easy on the screws when mounting the shocks to the lower arms, as the plastic here can strip the thread with ease (as I discovered to my cost)

Edited by Noj