• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hairy's Baja

HairyGranola

I have it too an works well think I need a new spring now though. Once you start with the upgrades you cant stop its like an addiction. Lol I've spent

Yep. Mine is all kitted out. Not much stock, fuel tank(better filter, fullforce brass connections). rad box( all no where near stock, savox, killer rc, lipo..). Rear bulkhead. Rear chassis. Hindge pins and thats it.

Just dont think about the cost...

And dont add it up.

Edited by (-:AD:-)
  • Like 1

Yep. Mine is all kitted out. Not much stock, fuel tank(better filter, fullforce brass connections). rad box( all no where near stock, savox, killer rc, lipo..). Rear bulkhead. Rear chassis. Hindge pins and thats it.

Just dont think about the cost...

And dont add it up.

Got a link to the lipo you use?

Those panels look pro how did you do them? i have a baja 5sc shell and i want to make some fins for it like the proline flotec shell uses.

I would want them to be easy to make so replacing them isnt a pain do you have any tips.

The tr steering looks beefy too i would love that the plastic km one doesnt look good at all. Is ther any good alloy sets that isn't too expensive?

Those panels look pro how did you do them? i have a baja 5sc shell and i want to make some fins for it like the proline flotec shell uses.

I would want them to be easy to make so replacing them isnt a pain do you have any tips.

The tr steering looks beefy too i would love that the plastic km one doesnt look good at all. Is ther any good alloy sets that isn't too expensive?

Cheers bud.

They are all made from 1mm thick lexan sheet wrappen in vinyl wrap. It was pretty easy just time consuming. Just marked out by laying the lexan over the part i wanted a panel on, cut it out and then bent the necessary corners or edges to make it hug the cage. As the cage was plastic theyre held on with little self tapping screws.

I sort of modeled it on the kraken cage just so i had something to follow.

If your unsure start by making it in paper or cardboard as lexan is quite exspensive. Cos me a tenner for 5 a4 sized sheets

As for the steering integy to a alloy version of the stock setup. Have no idea how good it is though.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221598097942

Edited by HairyGranola

Cheers bud.

They are all made from 1mm thick lexan sheet wrappen in vinyl wrap. It was pretty easy just time consuming. Just marked out by laying the lexan over the part i wanted a panel on, cut it out and then bent the necessary corners or edges to make it hug the cage. As the cage was plastic theyre held on with little self tapping screws.

I sort of modeled it on the kraken cage just so i had something to follow.

If your unsure start by making it in paper or cardboard as lexan is quite exspensive. Cos me a tenner for 5 a4 sized sheets

As for the steering integy to a alloy version of the stock setup. Have no idea how good it is though.http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221598097942

lmo integy stuff is garbage, just looks nice.

you can upgrade your stock steering with the darksoul servo saver.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The top fuel line on the carb is the return, the bottom one is the flow. Hope ya haven't cut your pipe yet if you have get high flow tygon lines, much better than stock.

yes you have the clunk in the tank so you dont really need another filter but if you want one it goes on the bottom pipe..the intake..as extra filter