• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Watch "Pinion shaft wobble" on YouTube

pockets snakes

Engine run good bit high idle but start after few pulls the shaft moves back and forth but engine is good

If the rest of the engine is good...and the wonky crank is fixed by spending nine quid (looking at the post by Hydro)...that is cheap. :)

I dunno if I did it I may aswell put new sleeve head gaskets bearing etc.

No no...if the rest of the engine is ok and the problem is the wonky crank....then the fix is easy....

You can use the same head shims (!)..and sleeve...

You have the engine...only you can tell if the rest of the engine is good...from the video I can see that the crank is bent...

Pocket, my man, listen to your fellow forumers. Don't go looking for problems. The crank is easily changed and cheap. If you start changing this and that you might as well buy a new engine but its not necessary.

I used to work with a bloke that looked for problems on his car every weekend (real car not RC) There weren't any problems he just thought there was. Wait a minute, you're not that bloke are you?

Edited by Gashead
  • Like 1