• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

The used km i have still has standard servos no bent metal and the 2 bolt engine fires in 3 pulls from choke on. The tires do feel too soft tho.

The only thing that's disintegrated is the rubber boots for dog bones.

is it more durable than presumed or extremely under used? either should help its sale i hope.

Cmon fellas this is an easy one ! It's a km so servos are junk.. engine is garbage.. wheels/tyres are good for nowt braces bend if you look at them..everything's a poor fit and the shell will explode after first wrong landing .

Don't be silly

Don't tell me your a losi/HPI lover who is gutted he paid stupid money for it/them and now they have brought out a clone/clones which is half the price and is just as good or IMO better than the original (baja included)

So do us a favour and go cry on someone else,s thread as I for one am not interested in what you think about KM,s as this is about the awesome KM X2 not what u think is or isn't.....

Edited by Garry45
  • Like 1

I hope i prove you properly wrong when i strip mine to check build quality, and fit and finish.

If my Baja was anything to go by, this should be just as strong as the losi.

Your argument about clone Bajas sounds like you've never owned one, so therefore invalid.

Everything on my Baja was as it should have been, shocks filled properly and sprung and damped right for the car, diff was filled correctly and the tranny was well greased. Nothing was loose or fitted badly and threadlock was used on all metal to metal fasteners, the only thing i found at fault immediately was the lower front hinge pins were a mm too long, i shimmed them with a single washer to remove the slop. The engine also had about five gallons of fuel through it and ran perfectly when i sold it.

• Like 3

Before I end up having a dish out a load of warnings and restrictions on accounts let me remind you guys of the most important rule of the forum:

• Do not be abusive, disrespectful, sarcastic, mocking or threatening to another member.

There is no need for it and everyone has a right to their own opinion :good:

• Like 1

As a current owner of BOTH an HPI and KM Baja .... yes there are quality differences in some areas. Yes there are some corners cut .... butnone of them are major issues, and none actually stop you enjoying the car.

1) Servos. Yes....the KM servo in my Baja was noisy, crude looking and very orange.....so I swapped it out for a Hitec one I had as a spare. I could have run the stock steering servo, but I chose not to. The throttle/brake servo was junk and well below par, but then so was the stock HPI one. I had to upgrade both to get decent stopping power.

2) Engine. The old 2 bolt KM units were pretty crude and didn't feel well made. Plating was also quite short lived. I bought a low end 001 KM as it only had the 23cc motor, so I lost less in the deal. Calculated the cost beforehand and knew exactly what I was about.

3) Shells. If they are still using ABS rather than Lexan, then the shells will crack. At least the shell is in smaller sections, rather than a large one-piece job like the T1000. Should allow it to survive for a while. Perhaps the guys at RCModelz can confirm what they made the shell from.

Buying a KM clone is a conscious choice, and as long as people weigh up the pros and cons, and understand what they are getting...then why not. Not everyone can afford a new Losi 5ive.....and not everyone wants to throw

• Like 1

As a current owner of BOTH an HPI and KM Baja .... yes there are quality differences in some areas. Yes there are some corners cut .... butnone of them are major issues, and none actually stop you enjoying the car.

1) Servos. Yes....the KM servo in my Baja was noisy, crude looking and very orange.....so I swapped it out for a Hitec one I had as a spare. I could have run the stock steering servo, but I chose not to. The throttle/brake servo was junk and well below par, but then so was the stock HPI one. I had to upgrade both to get decent stopping power.

2) Engine. The old 2 bolt KM units were pretty crude and didn't feel well made. Plating was also quite short lived. I bought a low end 001 KM as it only had the 23cc motor, so I lost less in the deal. Calculated the cost beforehand and knew exactly what I was about.

3) Shells. If they are still using ABS rather than Lexan, then the shells will crack. At least the shell is in smaller sections, rather than a large one-piece job like the T1000. Should allow it to survive for a while. Perhaps the guys at RCModelz can confirm what they made the shell from.

Buying a KM clone is a conscious choice, and as long as people weigh up the pros and cons, and understand what they are getting...then why not. Not everyone can afford a new Losi 5ive.....and not everyone wants to throw

Edited by sean-vrs

Before I end up having a dish out a load of warnings and restrictions on accounts let me remind you guys of the most important rule of the forum:

• Do not be abusive, disrespectful, sarcastic, mocking or threatening to another member.

There is no need for it and everyone has a right to their own opinion :good:

I don't no if this was aimed at me but I found the post bill79 made "all of the above" was uncalled for and no help whatsoever to this thread and to be honest we could rip the hell out of any car....

I bash with people who own the losi-5/losi-dbxl but not any hpi Baja just km baja,s and I can tell you now that all the losi,s break during the bash and its either there clutches/pinions/drive shafts go and our "cheap junk KM,s" keep on rolling,

I've yet to have a failure while out bashing but it's going to happen so to me that's testament to how good the clones are and yes I thread locked all bolts but to be honest I didn't find any loose but did it anyway,

Only had one major problem when I brought it the diff was knackered but was replaced and have been smiling ever since so my view on a few things are valid not just "say so" or "I think so"

Right back on thread and come on Lee we need some more footage of that X2

Garry

I can now fully confirm that i will be getting one now, i just don't know the exact date lol. But i have to go to Bristol soon (but only for a brief amount of time) so will carry on up to the shop when done, it's roughly halfway way anyway lol

• Like 2

I can now fully confirm that i will be getting one now, i just don't know the exact date lol. But i have to go to Bristol soon (but only for a brief amount of time) so will carry on up to the shop when done, it's roughly halfway way anyway lol

You know you can get this shipped, save you a whole load of time and money over the length of the country road trip you're planning.

• Like 1

I love to do little road trips every now and again, it's nice to get out of Cornwall for once lol. And I've got the time off to do so and i'm an impatient git lol, also, i've never bought any new rig in person.

Ask for a coffee when you come up. Can't get that with mail order..

Edited by jjdsplace
  • Like 2

I hope i prove you properly wrong when i strip mine to check build quality, and fit and finish.

If my Baja was anything to go by, this should be just as strong as the losi.

Your argument about clone Bajas sounds like you've never owned one, so therefore invalid.

Everything on my Baja was as it should have been, shocks filled properly and sprung and damped right for the car, diff was filled correctly and the tranny was well greased. Nothing was loose or fitted badly and threadlock was used on all metal to metal fasteners, the only thing i found at fault immediately was the lower front hinge pins were a mm too long, i shimmed them with a single washer to remove the slop. The engine also had about five gallons of fuel through it and ran perfectly when i sold it.

Sorry to disappoint but yes I have owned a km and it was garbage so valid :) I've also owned the losi 5ive and can't see this thing been anywhere close just my opinion based on past experience with km stuff . You ever owned hpi baja ? Losi ?

Don't tell me your a losi/HPI lover who is gutted he paid stupid money for it/them and now they have brought out a clone/clones which is half the price and is just as good or IMO better than the original (baja included)

So do us a favour and go cry on someone else,s thread as I for one am not interested in what you think about KM,s as this is about the awesome KM X2 not what u think is or isn't.....

You owned losi ? Hpi ?

Cheesing on your km is more reliable the a 5ive omg give ya head a wobble fella LOL

Edited by bill79

i have and still do, and if you do a logical comparison and take into consideration the difference in money the km stuff is equal to both

Can I not have an opinion ??? If I don't like copy fake knock off false economy stuff that's upto me surely ?? If your happy with yours and everyone else is that's upto you just not my cuppa tea !!