• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

I've just been out with it, turned the idle down but still doing the engine break in so not going crazy. It's really starting to come alive however it completely lost breaking. Thankfully I wasn't going quick.

IMG_7453_zpsc488d6e0.jpg

Its the red part i'm after thats come off the right hand side, its nowhere to be found. What's this called ? i've tried finding them by description but can only find them as part of a kit.

A collar, right i'll keep looking. Thanks.

RCModelz Sell one which i would assume should fit http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/stop-collar-1178.html

Looking at the Picture though you might need the grub screw as well.  

Either that or the Stop collars From HPI (Part No:86899 and Part No:86675) are available at most of the large scale outlets just need to confirm the shaft size of the X2 Linkage.

DJB

RCModelz Sell one which i would assume should fit http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/stop-collar-1178.html

Looking at the Picture though you might need the grub screw as well.  

Either that or the Stop collars From HPI (Part No:86899 and Part No:86675) are available at most of the large scale outlets just need to confirm the shaft size of the X2 Linkage.

DJB

Thanks for that.

not an owner but in our group hull hobbies there are four km x 2 ,s. all have held up really well. one guy had to thread lock a screw on his pullstarter pawl after it came out. but no one else has reported any problems form the factory build. first off these machines are really quick. from the box. few teething problems the wrong paint was used on some of the shells and is known to rcmodelz for flaking. not sure on the warranty rules or replacement schemes.for this issue.the owner of one has bashed his pretty hard. he's broken a hinge pin and two suspension arms and bent a drive shaft. but if you saw some of his crashes you would see why. heavy truck at 30 plus mph landing directly down on one corner after an awkward jump. the ones ive seen really do hold up well upgrade as you break 

SHELLS ARE REALLY WEAK DONE EXPECT THEM TO LAST MORE THAN 2 MINS

• Like 3

My km shell has had some hammer and i don't take my lights off to remove it ether, I'd say there pritty good if you smash into somthing at 40mph in your real car it would right it off, so just remember to scale it down from a real size car to 5th scale it would be like hitting a giant somthing in your rc, I think they all do really well especially when you think how much the km is and you pay silly amounts for a baja and the thing will happen when you hit that hae giant thing it's going to brake at that speed anything would km or not,

I say up the km baja i love mine

• Like 2

And the arms break

If you had seen what we have done in our bash group over the last two years with our Losi's, without ever breaking an arm, that tells me all I need to know thanks! :(

My km shell has had some hammer and i don't take my lights off to remove it ether, I'd say there pritty good if you smash into somthing at 40mph in your real car it would right it off, so just remember to scale it down from a real size car to 5th scale it would be like hitting a giant somthing in your rc, I think they all do really well especially when you think how much the km is and you pay silly amounts for a baja and the thing will happen when you hit that hae giant thing it's going to brake at that speed anything would km or not,

I say up the km baja i love mine

Pity this thread is about the Losi clone then! Edited by Carpmart

Well, in terms of 5ive shells, I do know the level of abuse they'll take, and it's more than 'two minutes' and at speeds greater than 40mph ;)

Having made a good rc, seems a shame to cheap out on the lexan for the shells, IMHO of course :)

And the arms break

If you had seen what we have done in our bash group over the last two years with our Losi's, without ever breaking an arm, that tells me all I need to know thanks! :(

Pity this thread is about the Losi clone then!

sorry

not an owner but in our group hull hobbies there are four km x 2 ,s. all have held up really well. one guy had to thread lock a screw on his pullstarter pawl after it came out. but no one else has reported any problems form the factory build. first off these machines are really quick. from the box. few teething problems the wrong paint was used on some of the shells and is known to rcmodelz for flaking. not sure on the warranty rules or replacement schemes.for this issue.the owner of one has bashed his pretty hard. he's broken a hinge pin and two suspension arms and bent a drive shaft. but if you saw some of his crashes you would see why. heavy truck at 30 plus mph landing directly down on one corner after an awkward jump. the ones ive seen really do hold up well upgrade as you break

SHELLS ARE REALLY WEAK DONE EXPECT THEM TO LAST MORE THAN 2 MINS

any chance of putting a video up? Edited by sean-vrs

My old five took a major beating (huge jumps bad landing etcetc) and never broke a arm. This is why it was so durable. I presume I'm haven't used the same plastic for there arms hence the breakages. It really is quality of materials used that make the difference between strong and weak.

My 5ives shell didn't last too long tho so I'm not shocked by km bodies not either

there are more videos on our facebook page.just search hull hobbies and send a friend request. 

Edited by mad4rc
  • Like 1