• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

Well this is a new one on me... I figured I'd check out why I had a complete loss of brakes today, figuring it was a pad replacement needed or something.

It turns out my star thingy has complete snapped/disintegrated/fallen off :lol: never seen this happen before.

I'd actually been thinking about a brake upgrade... Which would be a good reliable set up to go for?

IMG_4609_zpsb8gnyncu.jpg

You no what Dan the same thing happened to my mates, i just get him the upgraded tranny plate and brakes from rc modelz, its the same stuff that's on the km 002c, Iit depends what you wont to pay, theres alsorts out there ;)

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=new+brighton+easter+bash&sm=1 second vid..;)

you can crash hard and not damage the bzm, drop it lower an fit the big arse nrp wing an uber bumpers an bingo.

see my epic fail at the end of the vid..no pipe damage..:D snapped rear upper arm though, you'll only regret it if you sell the bzm on.

Edited by mark35

I am thinking about dropping it down a bit Mark, funnily enough... I have got it sat way too high because of the mount it came with, it was something I was going to get round to sorting, but I just never did! :lol: I've only just realised that when I took the pipe off to sort the braking issues out.

I'm fancying the Team Chase cage, just not sure if it fits over the BZM or not.

I know I definitely need a seal for the pipe... But don't know where to get one of them from, you don't know off hand do you Mark? Not sure when exactly this ones come out but it's definitely not there now.

Tell your camera man not to fiddle with the zoom so much, he can't keep focused on stuff :tease: :tease:

• Like 2

http://mmrmodeltech.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=75_82&product_id=261

for all your bzm needs..:D

I have high temp silicone tube fitted to mine with zip ties..no leaks here.lol

I am thinking about dropping it down a bit Mark, funnily enough... I have got it sat way too high because of the mount it came with, it was something I was going to get round to sorting, but I just never did! :lol: I've only just realised that when I took the pipe off to sort the braking issues out.

I'm fancying the Team Chase cage, just not sure if it fits over the BZM or not.

I know I definitely need a seal for the pipe... But don't know where to get one of them from, you don't know off hand do you Mark? Not sure when exactly this ones come out but it's definitely not there now.

Tell your camera man not to fiddle with the zoom so much, he can't keep focused on stuff :tease: :tease:

• Like 2

I've ordered a set of those o rings anyway, will see if they're what I'm after, just they look a little bit thin, but we'll see, a fiver isn't much if it's wrong lol.

I've noticed on mine, upon closer inspection since losing the o ring/sealer the springs that holds the two pieces together pulls it right up, almost like it needs a spring on the bottom as well to counteract the top one.

But I'm not sure if that's purely because the o ring is missing or not, I'm not too sure how long it's been missing or indeed if it ever had one.

Might explain why my pipe doesn't quite sound like other BZM's seem to lol.

What engine you running in those videos fella?

Running a 30.5 fullmod mate, dont even know if I have the o rings in mine..lol dont leak though so not bothered to much.;)

I've cut my mount for the BZM a bit, also cut a little hole out of the spur gear cover, so the pipe is sitting a fair bit lower now, I think it looks good.

I've bought a black Dominator V2 anyway, I can always sell this one at a later date if this doesn't add any protection.

Just need my o rings to arrive and I can see if it makes any difference to the looseness near the manifold.

IMG_4618_zpsxctmoftd.jpg

Yes thats it mate.

Also forgot to mention if you go to low you'll need to cut your spur cover.lol looks well though.;)

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/n-r-p-body-pin-rear-2-pc-clone.html

Its a nrp from freeprawn mate, you have to drill your own holes and I got a certian mr.bat to make me some spiked wing pins. You could

use the stock pins but you have to put them in upside down.

post-34682-0-09410500-1428650943_thumb.j

Is bigger by quite abit. The ribs on the wing are in the way of the stock wing pins. You could use a bolt and some dome head nuts.