• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

That pipe looks great mate but i can picture it in a gold textured finish that would look beast. black on black is too stealth for me but i do like stealth too but want pipes and stuff to stand out.

Would it be easy to make a pipe gold like dirt bike forks, not shiney gold i dont know the propper name for it. powder coated gold mayb lol.

Black baja gold alloys.

The baja beatles with dragon fly pipe should look nice. Why dragon fly idk looks more like a cobra flaring to me.

Is that pipe any good its a lot like the dom which is rated so im thinking of that one cos it'll exit nicly from a 5t.

What's next for yours then mate did you say you have the bzm engine?

Ceramic coating would be best keeps the heat in and there are various colours to choose from, I'm sure the company is called zirotech

Wow, that engines a beast, il look forward to seeing it run if possible? Is there ever too much power for a 2wd baja?

Where did you buy from? I was tempted by DDM before I cheaped out & went for the F270.

Well I've just bought an SJ4000 camera so I fully intend to do some videoing of it running.

I'm hoping the stock engine will do me for now, if not it'll just have to go to Scotty to get the work done.

I bought it from Abbots, cheapest place in the UK, came in at

Yes its from the heat of the engine.

What you have to do is get the paint off with paint stripper then wire wool the pipe.

Run it on car till it gets hot then wipe the pipe  over with 2 stroke oil.

Do this about 5 times letting it cool in between runs and the colour will come through and your pipe will never go rusty 

• Like 2

I heard about something like that, slightly different method but same outcome using the same thing.

Once it's all scratched and chipped I might give that a go... Worst case scenario is I have to spray it again which is a 10 minute job and I already have high temp paint anyway.

Just need something I can safely remove the paint with, easily lol.

That was an old pipe in the pic above, I used nitromors , But be careful if you do as it burns if you get it on your skin.

I always keep a tin in as i do the inside of the pipes once a year to remove all the gunk

That's the cleanest, shineiest car I think I've ever seen! I can only imagine one day mine looked like that!

Daves stuff always looks spot on, from large scale petrols to his pretty awesome history of wagons!

We may not see eye to eye on all subjects, but he certainly does know a thing or two about presentation! :)

Daves stuff always looks spot on, from large scale petrols to his pretty awesome history of wagons!

We may not see eye to eye on all subjects, but he certainly does know a thing or two about presentation! :)

because dave never runs the bloody things lol

• Like 1

i wasn't kidding, he bought the losi dbxl, ran it in and then left it until he sold it to many a week or 2 ago. he had that car for ages.

Lies......................................................................I didnt run it in lol but to be fair only had it 13 months

Engine arrived today, and it's literally poured down since the courier knocked on the door.

Was lovely earlier this morning, I get up, still nice, wait half an hour, courier comes, he gets to the door and the heavens opened!

Damnit! :(

No rush to fit it though I suppose.

Wrong!

There's every reason to fit it! You've got an audience here!

Well it's properly in now, needed to make a few modifications to the throttle linkage and the engine shroud but she's in.

Just trying to put the video on my PC now, using the new SJ4000, interested to see what the quality and sound is like, didn't use it in it's case either so hopefully it sounds okay... If I can get the thing paired with my computer :lol: