• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Doddy's ST1 Budget Brushless conversion

• 2 weeks later...

Bigjimknicker.

Hurry up and get this built, then you can come down to the Sussex Bashers track at Ringmer when they re-open I was hoping to get my ST down there before the last race of the year but what with my back problems and not getting the car running properly until recently so I will be getting there as often as I can :thumbsup:

Looks like a nice place to be in the summer with a BBQ & Gazebo some chairs :thumbsup:

Mydoddy, I've got a hpi blur ESC for the St-1, motor will have to wait til after Xmas but I have a 2100kv turnigy I can borrow to test it, but, I'm clueless on gearing, rc monster say 8T pinion? What pinion would you try on 4s, 5s?

Thanks!

Hi fella I run 16/48 on 4s 2000kv 4082

Temp wise I'm in and around 160f but the old saying is volt up gear down so if your going for a 5s drop it slightly .

Speed I'm in and around 40mph which is good enough for what I wanted

I shall looked forward to seeing yours once it finished .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doddy, happy new year!

ive just got the final parts for my conversion, ive sourced a hobbywing 2000kv motor & a mamba monster max (EXACTLY the same combo that's on my savage flux & its been fantastic for over a year.

so, im thinking 16T stock spur still? on 4s/5s :hahadance:

Hi Doddy, happy new year!

ive just got the final parts for my conversion, ive sourced a hobbywing 2000kv motor & a mamba monster max (EXACTLY the same combo that's on my savage flux & its been fantastic for over a year.

so, im thinking 16T stock spur still? on 4s/5s :hahadance:

Happy new year fella

I'd say a 16t is as good a starting point as any

Good luck and let us know how you get on

• 4 weeks later...

Decided the leopard motor in this is just not right for my needs so it's going and instead I'm going with this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-MAXX-Brushless-MOTOR-3395-Castle-Creation-2200kv-mamba-monster-Traxxas-3908-/391000992624?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b0979ab70

Should be fun !

Also going to have a little rethink on the layout as I don't like the ESC hanging out the chassis ..

Lastly even with the extra rear brace and reinforced front brace the chassis still has a tad to much flex so I'll be adding a brace like on the mt4 .

Decided the leopard motor in this is just not right for my needs so it's going and instead I'm going with this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-MAXX-Brushless-MOTOR-3395-Castle-Creation-2200kv-mamba-monster-Traxxas-3908-/391000992624?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b0979ab70

Should be fun !

Also going to have a little rethink on the layout as I don't like the ESC hanging out the chassis ..

Lastly even with the extra rear brace and reinforced front brace the chassis still has a tad to much flex so I'll be adding a brace like on the mt4 .

Good choice of a motor, can't go wrong with that.

A little bit of flex is not that bad mate. Some chassis are even designed to provide exactly that little bit of flex. 

That's true but this is quite bad it tends to bend from the centre forward causing the steering uprights to bend and bind so the brace will stop that happening .. Trouble is these chassis are getting tricky to find so the brace is more a safeguard as well ..

• 2 weeks later...