• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****SOLD****

MAZ

This Hyper ST pro was originally bought as a back up/donor car to be harvested for parts as and when my Brushless needed them however, when it arrived it was in such good condition that I just couldn't face stripping it lol

IMG_20141013_193434_zpsaws5l2tt.jpg

IMG_20141013_191134_zpsfbwqnagu.jpg

The shell isn't perfect and admittedly its a garish colour however it it easy to see in low light levels lol

(this is how the shell came when I bought the ST - I didn't do it myself!)

Underside is in pretty good nick

IMG_20141013_191042_zpsjrgdaqqo.jpg

The wheels are in great condition and have barely been used

IMG_20141013_191255_zpslvohjlfr.jpg

I had to buy a new 1500mah 6v battery

IMG_20141013_190805_zps9msmnceb.jpg

The engine is a serpent .21

IMG_20141013_190834_zps4nrdcjel.jpg

http://www.serpent.com/product/201506/optionals/

Comes with the mega efra 2046 tuned pipe (Looks like the ST landed on the exhaust side at some point - slight dent but exhaust works fine)

The engine has been sealed around the carb and backplate. It comes with an o.s8 glowplug

I tried tuning the engine but only managed to tune it badly lol (it stalls... A lot lol)

I can do a quick vid of it running if needs be

The fuel tank had a dodgy o-ring so I replaced it with some copper gasket sealant (I didn't have any replacement o-rings)

It works fine :)

IMG_20141013_234249_zpspn9btkpm.jpg

The shocks are Hong Nor 16mm big bores with absima brusless springs

Shocks have cosmetic damage, one shock has a split rubber doohicky

The shocks definitely need heavier wt oil in them (I only had some 60wt)

IMG_20141013_194923_zpsdzhprczq.jpg

IMG_20141013_190711_zps3uc2k0hp.jpg

The shock standoffs and super thick shock towers limit what bolts can be used to mount the shocks - I had to cut these down a bit with my dremel!

IMG_20141013_190741_zpsrqepsckw.jpg

Comes with mudguards too :)

IMG_20141013_192254_zpsso757brk.jpg

The diff oil definitely needs changing as it feels far too light (front wheels balloon massively)

I got this up and running as a nitro just to have a little mess about (literally used it 4 times in a car park!) but had plans to convert it to brushless which ended up not happening and has been sat on my wardrobe gathering dust for the last few months

To get it up and running you'll need the following:

Throttle & steering servo

TX and RX

fuel

Starterbox

Extra glowplugs

Glow starter

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to add it to the listing

I'd like

Edited by MAZ

Where are you located maz mate

Hertfordshire :)

Are you open to offers?

Winter project...

Would have to be posted though

I don't mind posting depending on where you are

No low ball offers though as the shocks alone make it more worthwhile. The engine is definitely be better in a buggy once its tuned

• 5 weeks later...

Damn, the wife would kill me if I bought this, but is just what I'm afterSent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Haha! Yeah they do that... Lol

I've got someone coming to see it this evening so I need to be fair about it. If it doesn't go I'll let you know :)

Also, my brother has the rtr version that I think he may be getting rid of - I can ask him if you want?

Well if you do decide to split I'll take the lot,  minus the engine and nitro gubbins.....  And Minus the Hong Nor Big Bore shocks as I use the Hyper SS 17mm shocks for various reasons :-)

I'd either finish it as a Brushless conversion fitted with a new set of Hyper SS shocks for my nephew or use it as parts for future Hyper 7 conversions and as spares for my current Hyper ST brushless conversion.

Though if TMaxDave wants it,   I say brave the wrath of the missus matey, a Brushless converted Hyper ST Pro is worth the Dragons Breath you might get from swmbo about it.

I'll even help with the conversion once your tired of running it as a nitro  or if the engine is no good or pops...  I have a few spare bits lying about,  including a slightly damaged but still serviceable abisma hyper 8 brushless conversion motor mount I could donate for the price of postage.

Edited by GorillaZilla

It's a no go from me, she has proper lay down the law :-(Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Haha! The guy that wants this as well is currently waiting on his wife's decision lol, us men... what are we like eh?

Okay...

The guy that was interested in this has had to say no due not realising the initial cost of converting nitro to electric (he wanted it as a Christmas pressie for his lad)

He didn't take in to account that its not just the conversion bits, the ESC and motor that are needed but also the lipos and charger

Soooo....

To the top :)

I'll openly admit the wife wears the pants in this household, makes my life much easier, lol!Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Haha! Just buy it for yourself, go on!

Lol ;)

I'll openly admit the wife wears the pants in this household, makes my life much easier, lol!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

lol....I know what u mean.....I normally go along jus for a quite life. ....but if I want sumin....I get it....oneway or another. ...might have to tell a little porkie pie here n there. ......the last rc I bought..a hyper st.....I jus stuck it on the rc shelf in the downstairs toilet and didn't say a thing......lol!!!....luckily little un kept his mouth shut.......