• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Transmitter question

Jasonoram

Hi all

I have been in to RC cars / trucks for years and have various cars a few years back brought a spektrum DX3s and lots of orange recovers and change all my cars over to the one controller

Great life is good

I need 5 channels but 6 would be better i like the Spektrum handsets so was looking at a DX6 but all the ones i look at say for helicopters??

Could i use it in a boat or a car ??

Can i assume that if the handset and receiver are bind then they will work in any machine?? 

Never run a boat but for a car alot of scaler/rock crawler guys use 4-6 channel to power lights,winch etc. Even the Tamiya 3 speed lorrys require 4 channel minimum to change gears requires an extra servo...

Just watch out for what transmitter you purchase as they tend to have mode 1 or mode 2 - This means the left and right sticks on the transmitter are different. Mode 1 is throttle on the right and mode 2 is throttle on the left.

The majority of choice tends to be Spektrum or Futaba radio gears,and i have seen the DX6 work perfectly fine in a rock crawler. You could also consider this which is also available in 6 channel - Also works well and very cheap :)

Got to see photos of this, videos even - sounds good!!

Al.

Not as good as it sounds I'm afraid. google Viper icon bait boat and you will see what I'm dealing with

Never run a boat but for a car alot of scaler/rock crawler guys use 4-6 channel to power lights,winch etc. Even the Tamiya 3 speed lorrys require 4 channel minimum to change gears requires an extra servo...

Just watch out for what transmitter you purchase as they tend to have mode 1 or mode 2 - This means the left and right sticks on the transmitter are different. Mode 1 is throttle on the right and mode 2 is throttle on the left.

The majority of choice tends to be Spektrum or Futaba radio gears,and i have seen the DX6 work perfectly fine in a rock crawler. You could also consider this which is also available in 6 channel - Also works well and very cheap :)

OK that seems to have answered the question just need to pick a TX unit to fit all the jobs

Cheers  All