• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice re chassis for FIAT 500

mattie

Hi there

I was looking at killing 2 birds with 1 stone - getting the missus an RC car to mess about with, and trying an on-road car to complement my buggy and monster truck.  

Seeing as she drives a FIAT 500 and loves it to bits (she's gone so far as to give it a name), I thought I might give the Tamiya M03 FIAT 500 a go.

I'm still a bit confused over chassis types - I gather the re is an M-3 and an M-03R, is the FIAT available in both, and if so is there any view on what is better for someone who is not going to race or spend much time 'under the bonnet'?  Also, is the FIAT available in other chassis types that I should perhaps consider?  I'm not that familiar with the on-road stuff, so any and all advice gratefully received.

Cheers!

There are a few variations of the m chassis but any should be fine. They're mainly defined by the length. M03 standard length, m03m medium and m03l for the long version. The difference under the body is a spacer in the middle of the chassis.

For an easy intro I'd be tempted by an xb version like this:

http://tamico.de/Tamiya-XB-Fiat-500-M-03M-Chassis-RTR

Ta all.

Assume that the M-03R kit is (1) just a hopped-up version of the basic chassis without shell, and (ii) overdoing it for someone who is unlikely to race it, and I'd be better just getting the M-03M?

Can I just check that the 99 euro kit is for a full, running instance of the M03M already built and painted and not something substantially different?  I ask as it seems too much of  a bargain to be true!  Would be a bit disappointed not to have some fun building it, but suspect the missus wouldn't be too upset!

Looks like the full m03 to me. Not listed as tamtech or anything to suggest it's one of tamiyas old toy grade rcs. Not sure why it's so cheap compared to the kits but looks like a bargain to me. I've bought from tamico and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Even with 13.90 Euro for delivery it probably works out at around

Edited by oodboo