• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon/Kraton Owners Club

Devin

1 minute ago, ThomasRC said:

Cheers mate, Been there.. Done that! been watching them for ages lol took me a while to decide.. Had to sell my stampede vxl 2wd to help fund it but Can't waitttt! Just need to order a couple of decent 2s lipos now :) would these do the job? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-5200mAh-2s-7-4v-30c-40c-Hardcase-LiPo-Traxxas-HPI-Deans-5000mAh-/221603845699?hash=item33989e5643:g:vNkAAOxyFjNSScyG

Yeah they will be cool. Maybe a little higher on C rating but i run 5000 mah 30-50c and they do fine.

• Like 1

Length- 160mm approx

width- 55mm approx

Thats the size in my Talion, i presume its the same for the Kraton....they look the exact same.

Edited by RCpete

Arrived this tuesday, Bloody Hell this thing is HUGE! Little things like a Odd sticker that had started peeling. The rear shock springs seem to short? Shocks seem soft? they seem to sag a lot? Could just be me but my cheaper maverick desertwolf has firmer shocks. Could just be the way it is? Went for the nVision 45c 2s 5000mah lipos

IMG_20160105_110458_zpsxvbo2z11.jpgIMG_20160105_110709_zpslfe8pgd8.jpgIMG_20160106_122108_zpsn5inain9.jpg

9 hours ago, ThomasRC said:

Arrived this tuesday, Bloody Hell this thing is HUGE! Little things like a Odd sticker that had started peeling. The rear shock springs seem to short? Shocks seem soft? they seem to sag a lot? Could just be me but my cheaper maverick desertwolf has firmer shocks. Could just be the way it is? Went for the nVision 45c 2s 5000mah lipos

IMG_20160105_110458_zpsxvbo2z11.jpgIMG_20160105_110709_zpslfe8pgd8.jpgIMG_20160106_122108_zpsn5inain9.jpg

All the reviews ive seen say the same about the springs

• Like 1

Yeah it's a common fault there is a Facebook page which has a arrma owners page and there is loads of us that can chime in and help mate

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Yeah it's a common fault there is a Facebook page which has a arrma owners page and there is loads of us that can chime in and help mate

https://www.facebook.com/groups/652614441516909/

is this the group mate? Don't know if im allowed to link? Any idea What upgradable springs are out there that'll fit? what sizes to look for cus i aint got a clue! I had seen a forum post that someone used the ones for the basher sabertooth red set i think.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/652614441516909/

is this the group mate? Don't know if im allowed to link? Any idea What upgradable springs are out there that'll fit? what sizes to look for cus i aint got a clue! I had seen a forum post that someone used the ones for the basher sabertooth red set i think.

Yeah that's the group mate as for Springs the team Durango dex8t Springs will work just look for a stiffer spring or a longer spring, best place to go for this info is the Facebook page as I don't personally own a kraton or talion

• Like 1

Hello all, I new here and my wife bought me a Kraton for Christmas (cool a*$ wife!!) Just wondering if anyone has had gear/dif issues?  Went to a LHS and the guy there said they have a lot of issues with them.  I have only run 5 packs thru on 2x2s battery and have not had any issues.  He said he's not selling them any more because of it.  But so far I love it!! Also wondering if there are any "hop ups" I should do to avoid any issues.  I already got the front/rear T-Bone racing bumpers.  Other than that all stock.  Thanks 

The only ever issue ice had with my diff was a tiny pin inside the center diff that had snapped that's it after a year and a half of punishment, as for upgrades not alot needs doing in my opinion

11 hours ago, MrMega15 said:

Hello all, I new here and my wife bought me a Kraton for Christmas (cool a*$ wife!!) Just wondering if anyone has had gear/dif issues?  Went to a LHS and the guy there said they have a lot of issues with them.  I have only run 5 packs thru on 2x2s battery and have not had any issues.  He said he's not selling them any more because of it.  But so far I love it!! Also wondering if there are any "hop ups" I should do to avoid any issues.  I already got the front/rear T-Bone racing bumpers.  Other than that all stock.  Thanks 

Never had any diff problems in my Talion, the only thing i noticed in mine was the front and rear diffs had some side to side movement/play. I soon shimmed the diffs and all sorted....mind you i have had to do that in all my 1/8th scale cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

My Typhon that i've had about 3 weeks has devolped a problem. anyone in the uk know the best way to contact Arrma about it ?

I sent an email to [email protected] but am wondering if theres a better way to contact them, i did see an 0845 number that i avoided because 0845 are RIPOFF #'s ...but may use it if i have to.

The problem with the car is when trying to drive the car  after its been stopped the car will stutter in attempt to move then the esc will reboot, next attemp it may move or do the same. If i push the car with my foot before giving gas it will move every time. Also if the car does not stop moving this issue never shows, it is only when the car has been stopped.

I have narrowed this fault down to either the ESC or the moter.

52 minutes ago, ShuNut said:

Hi Guys

My Typhon that i've had about 3 weeks has devolped a problem. anyone in the uk know the best way to contact Arrma about it ?

I sent an email to [email protected] but am wondering if theres a better way to contact them, i did see an 0845 number that i avoided because 0845 are RIPOFF #'s ...but may use it if i have to.

The problem with the car is when trying to drive the car  after its been stopped the car will stutter in attempt to move then the esc will reboot, next attemp it may move or do the same. If i push the car with my foot before giving gas it will move every time. Also if the car does not stop moving this issue never shows, it is only when the car has been stopped.

I have narrowed this fault down to either the ESC or the moter.

Not sure it would be the motor, i would replace the esc with a hobbywing 150a job. I hate the stock esc there is no adjustability and it calibrates the esc every time you turn it on also i found it hits full throttle when the trigger is only about 3/4 of the way down......just rubbish......its probably the source of your problems. Get a Hobbywing quicrun 150, it will plug straight in to the stock motor and makes a difference. Thats what i did.

Thx for the advice but i cant really justify £100 on a new esc right now....anyhoo esc and servo are packed up ready to send back to site i brought from.

I truly think its either water damage on the esc or a dry joint, 24hrs after previous run, testing on the bench i could only get esc to reboot when giving throttle 1 time after  trying for about 20 mins, where as a few hrs after previous run on the bench it would do it every few seconds, 48 hrs after i couldnt get it to reboot at all (on bench) so took her out nx day (yesterday) and after about 5 mins running it started rebooting again, this time it did it a few times while buggy was in motion....so i called retailer up and they said send it back and they'll inspect and send replacment.

I deffo think all my probs (and maybe a lot of others ppl's) are due to water damage being its not water proofed very well.

Problem #1: On my 2nd or 3rd run after getting car ii was at the pk ready to bash, pluged her in & turnned her on and nothing, dead! brought her back home and took the lid off the reciver box and water was inside, put the rx on the radiator and dryed it out for few hrs, plugged back in and was fine, so i sealed the rx box properly.

Problem #2: Some time later the Servo was glitching all over the place, so i took it apart expecting it to be wet inside and low & behold it was, even the moter looked coroded a little, so dryed it out & tested and was fine, sealed it up and was fine for a few sessions then it came back, i opend it up again and was dry inside so i'm guessing the water from the previous time damaged it...I had another servo i put in before prob #3 got worse so was just using that.

Then problem #3: The esc rebooting

So #1-2 deffo water caused and i susspect #3 was too. so in my case this buggies problems are all due to lack of adequate water proofing. Yes i do run in the wet  (if i didn't i'd have hardly any running in this constant shiddy uk weather) and i hose it down to clean after...i do the same with my mini Revo and thats had many more wet runs and hose cleans and all electronics are fine.

I think this buggy is Great though, love it, but needs better water proofing.

Do you guys run in wet and use a hose to clean yours ?

Peace

15 hours ago, ShuNut said:

Thx for the advice but i cant really justify £100 on a new esc right now....anyhoo esc and servo are packed up ready to send back to site i brought from.

I truly think its either water damage on the esc or a dry joint, 24hrs after previous run, testing on the bench i could only get esc to reboot when giving throttle 1 time after  trying for about 20 mins, where as a few hrs after previous run on the bench it would do it every few seconds, 48 hrs after i couldnt get it to reboot at all (on bench) so took her out nx day (yesterday) and after about 5 mins running it started rebooting again, this time it did it a few times while buggy was in motion....so i called retailer up and they said send it back and they'll inspect and send replacment.

I deffo think all my probs (and maybe a lot of others ppl's) are due to water damage being its not water proofed very well.

Problem #1: On my 2nd or 3rd run after getting car ii was at the pk ready to bash, pluged her in & turnned her on and nothing, dead! brought her back home and took the lid off the reciver box and water was inside, put the rx on the radiator and dryed it out for few hrs, plugged back in and was fine, so i sealed the rx box properly.

Problem #2: Some time later the Servo was glitching all over the place, so i took it apart expecting it to be wet inside and low & behold it was, even the moter looked coroded a little, so dryed it out & tested and was fine, sealed it up and was fine for a few sessions then it came back, i opend it up again and was dry inside so i'm guessing the water from the previous time damaged it...I had another servo i put in before prob #3 got worse so was just using that.

Then problem #3: The esc rebooting

So #1-2 deffo water caused and i susspect #3 was too. so in my case this buggies problems are all due to lack of adequate water proofing. Yes i do run in the wet  (if i didn't i'd have hardly any running in this constant shiddy uk weather) and i hose it down to clean after...i do the same with my mini Revo and thats had many more wet runs and hose cleans and all electronics are fine.

I think this buggy is Great though, love it, but needs better water proofing.

Do you guys run in wet and use a hose to clean yours ?

Peace

I run my Talion on wet grass but not through puddles or submerge it. Its the same with all my cars...i just dont do much wet running incase of running into these problems. When it comes to cleaning i cover it in GT85 ,WD40 or some sort of cleaner and scrub the dirt off.

Got replacement esc & servo today.

Went bashing and its all good...untill i hit a wooden post sticking out ground, from a jump right into it, doh :o

Anyone know stores that actually stock pts for Arrmas ? most seem to just say then can order it for me.

22 hours ago, ShuNut said:

Got replacement esc & servo today.

Went bashing and its all good...untill i hit a wooden post sticking out ground, from a jump right into it, doh :o

Anyone know stores that actually stock pts for Arrmas ? most seem to just say then can order it for me.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=ARAD80**&P=X

Towerhobbies have good stock, Come from US i think. Delivery to UK is just under 2 weeks. Not a lot of UK places stock arrma parts and just order them in which takes just as long.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all - anyone on here has the 6s BLX version? I'm trying to decide if it's a good car. It will be my first proper brushless car. (got 2 nitros) but I'm mainly into helicopters.

Hi bud the 1/8th arrma cars only come in a 6s BLX version

Thanks. I am thinking of getting the Typhon as it's on sale with ModelsportUK altho I'm tempted by the Kraton but it's £70 more (planning on getting a Latrax Teton for my 9 year old son as well so that £70 is a big deal kind of right now)

Is the Typhon still recommended?

Will the Kraton be just as fast/durable? (I really like monster trucks but if they're the same anyway, I might as well just get the Typhon and save some money)

What C rating lipos can be used? I'm planning on running this on 6s. Will two 20c 5000 3s be ok?

Soft case lipos, will they be ok?

Just gonna run this at the park - just messing around. I doubt I'll do any jumps. (I can't jump! Kinda new to rc cars - my main field is helicopters!)

Thanks. I am thinking of getting the Typhon as it's on sale with ModelsportUK altho I'm tempted by the Kraton but it's £70 more (planning on getting a Latrax Teton for my 9 year old son as well so that £70 is a big deal kind of right now)

Is the Typhon still recommended?

Will the Kraton be just as fast/durable? (I really like monster trucks but if they're the same anyway, I might as well just get the Typhon and save some money)

What C rating lipos can be used? I'm planning on running this on 6s. Will two 20c 5000 3s be ok?

Soft case lipos, will they be ok?

Just gonna run this at the park - just messing around. I doubt I'll do any jumps. (I can't jump! Kinda new to rc cars - my main field is helicopters!)

The typhon and kraton are based in the same platform and same general design the typhon is better for handling and is more nimble the kraton is better basher etc

As for the batteries Yeah those packs should be fine

Hi All, im looking to buying one of these to run aside my MT4, can you use the same 6S single battery on these?

I'm not sure about the pack size you have but standard size battery packs will fit