• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon/Kraton Owners Club

Devin

• 1 month later...

Mine arrives tomorrow i didn't read this thread before i ordered i assumed the breakages had been mostly down to people hammering them and the esc burnouts being down to early model issues 

i have been looking and researching pretty much all models on sale right now and i fell in love with the typhon thanks in no small part to aussie rc playgrounds videos among others 

seems people are having tones of problems or almost none so i was some what conflicted bordering just hope my uncharacteristic optimism dosnt bite me on the ass lol 

what do you guys who have been ruining it for a long time think 

• Like 1

Mine arrives tomorrow i didn't read this thread before i ordered i assumed the breakages had been mostly down to people hammering them and the esc burnouts being down to early model issues

i have been looking and researching pretty much all models on sale right now and i fell in love with the typhon thanks in no small part to aussie rc playgrounds videos among others

seems people are having tones of problems or almost none so i was some what conflicted bordering just hope my uncharacteristic optimism dosnt bite me on the ass lol

what do you guys who have been ruining it for a long time think

I think overall the buggy is a great but of kit but I had an early model which blew up so I've put a hobbywing esc in mine and it works great

i was planing to get a mt4 g3 but the typhon won me over the mt4 has a good guide of what to do not to do out of the box on its large forum what would u advice for the typhon

I wouldn't recommend anything tbh the car is great out of the box just need to be careful about the esc and servo but this is just from my experience

well im only gettin a 4s with it atm so fingers crossed i was going to order a 6s once i got a fan for the motor i just find it strange that some ppl have no electric burn outs and some have it over and over knowing my luck it will pop photonicinduction style as soon as i plug the batty in glad your dark days are over with it though coz it dose seem a great little car now if i can only keep it away from 60mph kerb collisions unlike my schumacher menace gtr all should be fine lol 

• Like 1

well im only gettin a 4s with it atm so fingers crossed i was going to order a 6s once i got a fan for the motor i just find it strange that some ppl have no electric burn outs and some have it over and over knowing my luck it will pop photonicinduction style as soon as i plug the batty in glad your dark days are over with it though coz it dose seem a great little car now if i can only keep it away from 60mph kerb collisions unlike my schumacher menace gtr all should be fine lol

Haha arrma have great customer support though I've done several videos on it and overall I have beaten really hard and only the esc and servo have failed and I think that's is because it was a early model

yeah thats what i was hoping i did see a vid of some one claiming that arrma acted very poorly towards him saying the would accept no responsibility but thats only one and im guessing he was just being an ass 

been a good 6 years or more since i had an rc last was a hpi savage x lookin forward to its again 

im still very new to electric last one i has was a knackered old kyosho 1/10 touring cr thing slow as hell but a cheap laugh once i made it RWD only beaing as i only payed a 20 quid for it 

um btw are 30c batteries wimpy was going to get better ones but i ddint wanna risk my luck 

• Like 1

yeah thats what i was hoping i did see a vid of some one claiming that arrma acted very poorly towards him saying the would accept no responsibility but thats only one and im guessing he was just being an ass

been a good 6 years or more since i had an rc last was a hpi savage x lookin forward to its again

im still very new to electric last one i has was a knackered old kyosho 1/10 touring cr thing slow as hell but a cheap laugh once i made it RWD only beaing as i only payed a 20 quid for it

um btw are 30c batteries wimpy was going to get better ones but i ddint wanna risk my luck

Um 30c packs I are a little weak I would say but should work for a little while but I wouldn't recommend it

just finish my first run things great has a tone of poke off the line only slight issue is the rear  left shock seems to be leaking slightly 

also is that nasty yelow warning leaflet about higher gearing off road anything to worry about on 4s

• Like 1

just finish my first run things great has a tone of poke off the line only slight issue is the rear left shock seems to be leaking slightly

also is that nasty yelow warning leaflet about higher gearing off road anything to worry about on 4s

I have geared mine up to run on 4s and I have no issues to report

is it possible to change the pinion and remesh the gears without pulling the motor off the car i went through all that then changed my mind aborting a second run was chucking it down anyway

Yeah it is possible to do

ok thanks ill give it another go just need to find a good place to run it now google says there are no bmx tracks where i live and as far as i know no rc track/clubs any where near ether i am tempted to take it on the beach but i have already had to pull small bits of grass out of the esu 

• 2 weeks later...

has any one else had an issue with the rear hubs getting worn through its odd as i have only ran it on stock wheels/tyres and nanda blocks

Hi bud sorry for the really late reply but I have had issues with them wearing out but that's only because I used the wrong offset wheel
  • Like 1

ah its alight having a lot of fun with the buggy its great it loves ripping tyres off the wheels lol POWER !!! or that could be down to some of my bad landings 

no breakdowns to report its running well and taking a beating ... excluding the wing mount snapping when i was pushing my luck on 6s difference between 4 and 6s is shocking first time building up to and hinting full throttle i stopped it almost out of shock xD i had it on grass with the 16t pinion and temps didn't get much over 45-50c 

i have some new bearings on order because most of the back ones have ceased up for some reason and some t-bone bumpers as well looking for some kind of mud guard for the back but not having much luck would appreciate a recommendation on some read tyres/wheel combination that definitely fit as well 

hope all you other arrma owners are doing well 

essay over .... 

• Like 1

Okay guys an update on my typhon I've had one wing mount break... That's it as far as platform breakages, I do need to get a new servo though as the motor in my old alturn USA servo failed after 2 years do can't complain but yeah still going strong :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bud they look like they should work well and the fact they are rubber sealed makes it all the better :)

• Like 1

just slotted it in they fit ok not as nice as the stock ones for some reason just me being finicky i guess 

ha good old rebuild eh something therapeutic about taking something apart making it all good as new again 

its still blowing its front tyres off every time i try and run 6s =_= far to many rpm going forward  through the diff im not sure how thick to go with the oil 

also juts spotted something alarming :o it isnt to clear in the photo 

http://picpaste.com/pics/DSC01530.1430325495.jpg