• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Installing a fail safe / ACME Condor Pro

tolska

Hi all, I found a new Hobby!! Yes RC Cars :D  since I know nothing about RC Cars I need some help installing the fail safe on the ACME Condor Pro, I located the transmitter and removed the casing, 

I have CH 1 CH 2 CH 3 and BIND/BATT,  

CH 3 is the battery but i'm not sure what CH 1 or CH 2, Obviously one is the throttle and the other is the steering, CH2 seems to go to the rear of the car and CH 1 goes to the middle/front of the car,

Does anyone know which one is which? 

Also after I plug in the failsafe do I have to do anything else or just plug it in and it's done?

Thanks.

power it up with a receiver plug out and try the steering. I forget which is which.

when you know which one controls the throttle servo add the fail safe in. then turn it on while holding the failsafe button and holding full brakes on via the transmitter.

I think ch1 is throttle but not positive.

Hello, Thanks for replying,

I located that CH 2 is the throttle on my car, 

I removed the throttle cable and plugged it into the failsafe, I then plugged the failsafe cable into CH2.

I held down SET on the failsafe and a red light started to flash, I then held on the breaks until the light stopped flashing and went to green.

I'm now getting a red light on the transmitter is this right?

I don't think i'm doing something right...

I plugged it into CH2, I hold the breaks and hold set on the failsafe, Once red light stops, Status goes to solid Green light.

U turned the control off but the car did not go into breaking position... I also tried with the steering putting it to the right so that it could keep doing donuts instead but again this is not going into the position once I turn the controll off.

What am I doing wrong please

I just tried this... Now my trans won't connect to the receiver....

I did what you said above, When the red light stopped flashing I let go off everything and turned of the trans, Nothing happened with the car so I turned the car off,  Turned the Trans back on then the car on again, But it won't connect now...

Sorry I got it to connect to each other, Just reset trans with ST on S

I still can not get the failsafe to work... or maybe it is working and i'm not seeing it?

When I connect failsafe and turn everything on, Status light is Solid green instantly.

When I hold set Green light stays solid while a red light flashes 4 times and stops.

When I turn off the trans, What is meant to happen because I don't see nothing happen with the car..

The wheels don't turn right and the throttle/break don't move.

Edited by tolska

I'm following these steps:   The grammar is poor but understandable, 

After following them steps from the Failsafe Manufact, It still is not working....

Fail-Safe Break Setup
A.Connect the fail-safe unit to throttle/brake servo and receiver. Be sure to observe the polarity of the wire leads.
B.Connect to transmitter power turn on transmitter, and now you

Edited by tolska

That is right mate. According to my manual.

Ok,

So I then Hold throttle in breaking position? and push the set button...

After the red light stops, I turn off trans but the failsafe light is still green? and the brakes don't come on from throttle servo

simple test is to put it on a block and turn the transmitter off,when the wheels are runing.if it 2.4ghz the fail safe will not work properly and can cause problems,but i had 2.4 ghz that the fail safe has gone to full throttle,so it allways best to check,

simple test is to put it on a block and turn the transmitter off,when the wheels are runing.if it 2.4ghz the fail safe will not work properly and can cause problems,but i had 2.4 ghz that the fail safe has gone to full throttle,so it allways best to check,

Yes mine went into full throttle today and I was running like hell trying to grab it... I was told it have one built in but after it speeding off today im not so sure

If the failsafe did go to full throttle is there a way to adjust the settings?

Maybe this is why the dsy failsafe won't work?

Edited by tolska

is the Rx the one showing in #14 then that is 2.4ghz don`t think you need a fail safe it should have a fail safe built in.

Yes that is the receiver i'm using, I was told it might had one built in but not sure, I can't test it on a brick at the moment, I'll have to do this tomorrow since I got no fuel,  

Hi you do not need to run the car to do the tests in fact its better and easier to do with car stationary.

Ok so I just tried this without the engine running, I full throttled and see the servo move, while holding the throttle i turned off the transmitter and the servo went back to natural position, Does this mean I have a fail safe?

If it does, Why did my car have a run away?

Edited by tolska

yes. Have you still got that fail safe unit connected?

I did yes when I had the runaway.

I did the test with the unit connected and it still went to natural.

I then disconnected it to see if the receiver had one built in which It did the same thing.

Is there a way to change the setting? I'd rather it lock the brakes than go into natural.

Is there a way to change it to lock the brakes instead of 

I just found online that if the batteries in the car go it will run away even with a fail safe???

Edited by tolska

• 5 years later...

Did anybody get to the bottom of this binding problem? I have an acme condor. It was working fine but now the transmitter has unbinded itself somehow. As the transmitter has no binding button, can anyone help?