• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

can i convert nitro to electric?

burklewis76

First of would be to make a motor mount and battery tray fella alongst with somewhere to put the esc

After removing the nitro bits and bobs you should only be seeing 1 servo no nitro accessories what so ever so a crammed chassis becomes empty

yes you can convert but it can be somewhat a chore. 

the ts4n is a nitro version but i do know there is also a ts4e 

its possible that you may find the cross compatable ( its a 50/50 chance here)

otherwise its a custom type mount like this one where it has an extra area to bolt a electric motor

direct to the center diff. you may even have to knock one up yourself or have one made.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/198191-mta4-brushless-diff-conversion/

Look around for a universal 540 motor mount you should be able to hook it up that way easily. Its only a peice of metal in a right angle with holes drilled to take a 540 motor. You could make one if you wanted to.

Then cut your plastics behind the steering servo like they do with hyper 7 conversions.

Then look around for a 1/10 battery tray or make one up.

Ts4n are pretty popular so i bet theres afew threads of people doing it.

No theres hardly anything on it. After seeing the lay out aswel i dont think it will be as easy as i first thought lol. Not having a centre spur gear and using belts.

But a guy on here converted his traxxas touring car and they have a similar layout i thunk.

Search revomikey and ask him what he thinks and if you can check out his build he did a very nice and clean conversion.

Ide guess it would have to end up looking like a hpi sprint 2 sport configuration with side motor and battery but the belts might get in the way.

I would sell it and find something easier or just get a used hpi sprint 2 drift.