• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can you handle the Vandal

jp79er

Went to the skate park today in the Vandal....and my my it jumps very well (used nimh packs)...took a few hard hits and has now an intermittant right hand turn issue...and pop a steering arm out (put back in in 2seconds) and pop a tyre of a rim that i tried glueing a couple of days ago...other than that performed well. Got the the hang of blipping the throttle in flight to get a better landing angle too... Have video but need to crop it to the highlights which i will do later and post.

Dead steering servo....took it apart and smells like a small electrical fire...so guess what's on order...shame as yesterday done a order with hobbyking....doh...

Posted by me ????

New steering servo fitted it's an original ftx vantage part, although speed is 0.12sec it a darn sight faster than my old one and general travel distance is loads better....which tells me the old one had really had it...

20141003_201443_zpsplmpoxj8.jpg

Posted by me ????

Edited by jp79er
  • Like 1

Well that ended quickly. ...lol..by a metal post.....

20141004_102523_zps9ihlqbn9.jpg

20141004_102213_zps3cl0wgso.jpg

Knacked lower A arm

Bent suspension leg

Mounting on diff case broke

Removed my front bumper

All in all a good hit....so to speak....

Thankfully a arms were already on order as 8 have order a load of parts i think i might break, have another set of suspension legs..will try gorilla glue for the casing as i have stuck other stuff and its proven to be super tough.

DUUUUUUUDDDDDDEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an EPIC amount of damage. I bow to your superior bashing skills. 

• Like 1

Well that ended quickly. ...lol..by a metal post.....

20141004_102523_zps9ihlqbn9.jpg

20141004_102213_zps3cl0wgso.jpg

Knacked lower A arm

Bent suspension leg

Mounting on diff case broke

Removed my front bumper

All in all a good hit....so to speak....

Thankfully a arms were already on order as 8 have order a load of parts i think i might break, have another set of suspension legs..will try gorilla glue for the casing as i have stuck other stuff and its proven to be super tough.

7BC91066-E098-462F-ACC7-4C9BAA0F3C49-374

• Like 2

Well with a bit of work..i repaired it not sure how but its good straight and seems strong. .

20141004_224732_zpsfpa5rlff.jpg

But steering servo has been damaged..workable, but does need a new one........doh...metal geared one on order....

Edited by jp79er

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After getting through my second spur in a split second, i checked the 23t pinion and its screwed...

20141027_221613_zpsmdv2nrjs.jpg

Now brought a 26t Hard one hopefully thus one will be a bit quicker and last......

The open gearing on the Vandal is a PITA, now thing are a bit more wetter the dirt acts as grinding paste and trashes the spur gear....so they last only a couple of minutes....

Need to find a good way of making a shroud to go over it keeping the dirt and crud out....