• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 TQ2

JohnE

Three questions for all of you knowledgeable folk out there.

I cant remember where I read this, I thought that it was in my running instructions, but it seems that pinching the fuel supply pipe is an acceptable way of stopping the engine, (I know that others have alternative methods so lets assume that there going to be opinions)

however if I do this with my engine the revs never rise before it shuts down and I am sure that there is supposed to be an increase. Only on one occasion has this happened so is this an indication that my mixtures are incorrect

When checking the temperature is this done in the glow plug area or on top of what I think is a sort of heat sink.

Is it necessary to remove the "back plate" on a regular basis and how big a job is it on this engine

Cheers

Edited by JohnE

1. Revs should rise slightly for 2-4 seconds. If it dies instantly, its a bit lean.

2. Temps - normally on head / glow plug area.

3. Never took the back plate off unless I had problems.

Over to others!!

Al.

1- I would not say that indicates correct or incorrect settings...I think the pinch test is pointless.

2- measure temp. at the glow plug...this is as close as you can get to the combustion chamber so is the most accurate place available from outside the engine.

3- Not necessary to remove the backplate...but it is an easy job.

ok thank you in which case mine is getting a little hot, dribble of water onto the plug area and it boils off quite quickly however another question. On average with an ambient temperature of say a steady 18 degrees C should it be possible to run out a tank of fuel on this car without letting it cool down

Anthoop...I notice that you have a Hyper 21 so can you tell me how long the transmitter aerial wire is please. mine is only fairly short where it comes out of the receiver unit

Ah wait...measure the temp. at the plug if you are using a temp. gauge. The spit/water technique will not work there...top of the head is where you need to put the fluid...(as always use temp. readings as a warning that things are wayyy out..temp. gauge far more accurate then fluid on head).

I am not sure what you are asking with the question; "On average with an ambient temperature of say a steady 18 degrees C should it be possible to run out a tank of fuel on this car without letting it cool down".

If the engine is ran in then you can run it all day without letting it cool down to ambient....if it is a new engine then letting it cool between tanks ( with the piston at BDC) is needed...

I use an FM band radio, my transmitter aerial is shiny chrome and looong...my receiver aerial is around 10-12 inches long (guesstimate)....you have a Hyper TQ2 so you have a 2.4ghz radio, the receiver wire will be very short.

Edited by Anthoop

:omgblinky: What? anthoop, the forum's most helpful member uses FM radios?! I'm really surprised! 

Why surprised?....

I am old...it works...remember if it aint broke... :tease:

I could run Am anywhere these days without even thinking about taking crystals with me..."even" AM can make the servos work. :)

I am waiting to break this bad boy out again.... http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t243/Anfhoop/Controller.jpg

Edited by Anthoop