• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HemiStorm Addict 2014 HPI Baja bodyshell

HemiStorm

I demand pics of retarded cats!

shells are all well and good, but I need cheering up and retarded cats may help :)  I have already tried my usual fallback of watching youtube clips of cycling road-race pile ups, and work is still depressing me.

Meanwhile...back on topic...

1/5 shells are expensive. Nature of the beast unfortunately.

• Like 2

having talked about this on another forum my opinion is while still being over priced for what it is, i is a decent enough price to the alternative (grafil shell anyone?)

i may not be getting it right away, but it is now on the list.

and as i said before hemistorm, sorry if i offended you, i was merely posting my opinion, which is what the forum is for, feedback is good to companies, including the one man show companies, good feedback, or bad, it helps drive the hobby forward, even if its not something you wanted to heard to begin with.

Question: will the individual parts be offered for sale, as with the penta?

Had a good chat with norco over this shell, and he rightly pointed out that although the initial outlay feels steep, if separate panels are subsequently available to replace any which become damaged, then the cost is bearable.

I really want one...being a Yorkshireman, the figures have to stack up, and for that, I make no apology ;)

I have this vision of Hebby traipsing back from the US with a suitcase full of addicts.....I mean....how many smack-heads CAN you get in a large sized Samsonite anyway?

And would the person who mentioned Grafil please wash their mouth out with soap.... Thunderwolf...I'm looking at you ;)

[yorkshire] Noj, ah fully oonderstan' tha view ont' pricin matta tha knows [/yorkshire]

• Like 3

I'm on abbots now, hovering over putting one in the basket (along with other goodies), however, I shall see if Chris comments on the individual parts availability first.....or will I??

Goddamn it!! Compared to a pair of ally basher bars for my TC cage,for example, the Addict is just so much better vfm!!!

I never got offended, sorry if I came across that way. It has just been a crazy amount of work and stress to make this happen.

While with some other options it may seem you are getting more value for money, I can honestly say that once you put an Addict side to side with ANY of them, you will instantly see the work I put into it.

Separate parts will be made available, as it was the case with the Penta. In two and a half years of Penta experience it turns out that there are no real concerns in doing that, as in it's not like I've had to produce 20% more roofs or anything. Overall there is not more than 4% production difference between parts, so doing it in a similar way with the Addict is no issue.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first of you to get your hands on one to tell me what you think of it. I'm confidently looking forward to your thoughts!

High fives to all of you, always nice dialogues on this forum. Civilized and well founded arguments, I'm taking notes as I'm always trying to improve. I care for this hobby. Perhaps more than I show.

• Like 3

I'm eagerly awaiting the first of you to get your hands on one to tell me what you think of it. I'm confidently looking forward to your thoughts!

if this thread is anything to go by then thats probably going to be either noj or myself.

as i said, i've been witness to some of the facebook issues that have come up over the last couple of years, must admit i'm always pleases with what i see, the most notable being with "Essex Basher" and his penta shell i belive it was.

if you care about the hobby more than you show (which i don't think you do if i'm honest) then the future of rc will be interesting.

glad you weren't offened, i only got abit of a vibe from you posts that you were, must have been the wording or somthing, no matter, water under the bridge as it were.

i'm quite the fan of the baja, so i look forward to more parts for it from you, i'm quite happy to see you haven't given up on it like other companies seem to have since th elosi came out.

• Like 2

The Losi is a great car, but it never caused such a stir as the Baja has. Cars like the Baja only come by once a decade, it's unique, I still enjoy mine. And based on how intrigued I'm with it, still after all these years, making the Addict is almost my way of making a tribute to the car that really made me "get my RC on".

Starting the HemiStorm business has brought me so many cool things. Not just my RCs, but experiences that will be remembered till I grow really old. I've been places, met people, done things and all of it started when I got my Baja.

I love the cages that are available on the market, but last year when I built my Kraken Beetle with two spare wheels, I also realized I kind of lost the plot. I wanted to go back to some minimalistic, agile and fast that doesn't need 70 cc to put a smile on my face.

I'll always give an honest opinion, often followed by producing one of my (now legendary) vats of boiling oil if required ;)

I've personally always hated our lasses pure white shell/undertray, now it can go, forever replaced with some colour at last!!

That's cool then if a distributor offers a level of guaranteed production and helps with it then I definitely see why it's choice and good you won't turn your back on them.

As said the penta looks totally amazing so if the addict can match or surpass that then I hope more and more shells hit until tthey're landing in all shops and they can price war it out.

Proline is starting to lack really. Bull dog or sct only.

Would you ever ever consider a 1/10 classics range that's what the UK mayb Europe want. Like all the group B wrc cars some legendary touring cars forgotten by tamiya mayb too.