• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HemiStorm Addict 2014 HPI Baja bodyshell

HemiStorm

VOILA: one Addict shell fresh from the delivery box:

ADDICT1_zps9f1cb49e.jpg

ADDICT3_zps458dc1a0.jpg

ADDICT2_zps007990a5.jpg

ADDICT4_zps3b66aa6f.jpg

ADDICT7_zpsc4460c4f.jpg

ADDICT5_zps4968f2b0.jpg

ADDICT6_zps327fd8c4.jpg

ADDICT8_zpsbeade5be.jpg

Thick enough? Reckon so:

ADDICT9_zps84542d71.jpg

As a proline undertray is currently bolted on, I can only mock fit the top for now:

ADDICT10_zps44e21ca2.jpg

ADDICT14_zpsc1c8bb49.jpg

ADDICT11_zps8cc53efb.jpg

In comparison to the proline desert rat currently used:

ADDICT17_zps7ffa1816.jpg

ADDICT16_zpsd4eaa6f8.jpg

So, first impressions are very good, feels tough, lovely lines.

Points of note: predrilled body holes will require minor reaming to fit, no biggie.

No stickers included, which isn't an issue, however the shell design means trimming to fit actual mesh should only be undertaken by those of a steady hand and a patient nature:

ADDICT18_zps1af40d0f.jpg

ADDICT19_zps880f1b48.jpg

My only gripe (which comes directly from being a convert to electrickery) is that this monsterous cut out is left in, allowing grass collection as can be clearly seen in this piccie:

ADDICT12_zpsf75d07d9.jpg

I'll make up a plate to stick underneath it, as I have done on the desert rat... bearing in mind 90% of badgers are gassers, not something I can hold against Chris  :thumbsup:

Colour discussions continue, so it'll not get painted this weekend, that's a given  :xd:

• Like 3

Must be an E-Bay seller selling mesh stickers you could cut out and stick on

as you pointed out, they don't look quite right....

the panels are do-able, reaming out as much as poss, then using scalpel blades to carefully scribe the remainder out...mesh will shoe goo in quite nicely then, not so open as to let bloody grass in though :thumbsup:

Now that's a handy tip :)

Thanks Hemistorm, never realised it was that easy. I'll have to have a go at that next time I paint a shell. Maybe a few practice goes on some scrap lexan will be in order first...just to get the right amount of black etc. Then have a proper go on a shell I have a sticker to cover things up on if I screw it up.

'easy' is a relative term when it comes to painting. It usually conceals a degree of practice combined with a degree of skill :)

Itching to get masking up, but alas, still no decision on colour :(

Bloody wimmin!! Build 'em something nice, service it, lavish new parts on it and all they have to do is decide on a colour! Not much to ask, IMHO ;)

Ive had a new 5b body shell sat here since I cut it out at christmas. Not sure what colour to paint it.... 

get some airbrush paint in red and green.

use a pencil or brush handle to flick bits of paint over the shell, alternating from red and green.

spray the rest black, yellow or white.

admire the skills of your painting.

well i was hoping to get mine today so i could get it painted up tomorrow but it would seem that is not the case (unlike noj i have paint job in mind already)

seems i won't have mine until monday which mean now painting pics until next weekend :( lame, uk post sucks donkey balls

i will see soon enough.

if i am honest i still tihnk its too much but we will see what i think when its on my lap.

wouldn't be the first time i've spent silly money on something that didn't live upto expectations, anyone remember lattner? :lol:

There's a vague bell ringing.... The methanol conversion??

no but that counts.

i was thinking of this:

off the top of my head the list of bought and regretted it consists of roughly 4 engines, 2 ramps, 3 cars, 2 helis, and a plane, not to mention the countless tyres and parts i've gone through over the years.

Edited by Thunderwolf
  • Like 1