• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another Newbie

Xander242

Hi all,

New to the RC modifying world so don't really know anything, I'm currently working my through the electric drift guide on here to hopefully learn a bit more and I've just purchased myself this to stop spending money on my actual car, I think it's a HPI Sprint 2 Drift (correct me if I'm wrong):

68297757-1403-4ca9-a196-96d779789cef_zps

67f29224-36b6-4543-aeba-02e520987e72_zps

IMG_2958_zpsb7cb2fce.jpg

I think its a HPI Sprint, this is the description from the ebay add, still trying to work a few bits out:

Custom Subaru WRX body shell with classic blue paint and spoiler

BBS style lumo pink low offset drift wheels and soft compound tyres

Uprated springs

Track spacers for better stance and handling

Hpi speed controller

Mini Acoms receiver

Acoms servo

Fast Orion 19turn motor

2800 battery pack

Acoms controller

Fully bull raced

Loads of set up adjustment

Smooth belt drive

Some spares and all manuals

New wheels, tyres, controller, battery and a couple of other bits are on order already. Had a play earlier and I think it's set up for racing but have no idea. Also does anyone know where the best place is to get upgraded parts?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Xander

Edited by Xander242

Ya I don't know how many he got but I do know he must have well over 20 if u look at his item for sale u will see and I am looking at getting a sprint 2 hpi off ebey lol

If you do get the hpi sprint 2, I've just dismantled the rear diff to lock it up and found a really easy reversible way on YouTube.

That guy always has plenty of cars for sale, I think he plays dumb on some of the cars pretending he doesn't know what they are. The listings always have tamiya, yokomo hpi on the listing to catch attention.

For somebody who has that many cars for sale week after week I'm pretty sure he knows what he's selling. He always makes top dollar on the cars so kudos to him catching out noobs