• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Super 5SC

Mrfabulous

You really want to look at the Savox 1230 (36kg) or the Hitec 7980 (38kg on 6v, even more on 7.4!)

All these high power servos should really be run via a uBEC, the inbuilt BECs are rarely up to the job.

Another option is the Alza 1/5 servo mount. This allows the use of largescale servos, but means you've got to remove the Rx box.

Truck runs like the Wind on 6S 1800 Hobbywing great turn of speed for such a big truck, tempos are good, not aiming to blast this at full tilt everywhere just enjoying it. I'll do that to my FLM Emaxx lol... Just need to make the steering more precise at the moment it feels like the turning circle of the Queen Mary lol

All done and futabab 3GR is a doddle to set end points etc, now I'm thinking with a new body on it the wheels look terrible. I read in the posts not to bang on the baja heavy wheels but I'd like to change mine, any recommendations on wheels and size all the baja ones seem to be big wides on the rear and skinny buggy wheels on the front, I'm looking for that all round SC wheel.

You could try Baja 5sc wheels (slightly wider rears than fronts) or 5t wheels (sc front width all round), knowing that they are heavy (before being taped) and may put undue stress on the stub axles.

If fitting 5sc rears, you'll need to add some camber to clear the stock arches.