• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Oldham quarry bash 24th august

kangarilla

No I've not tried on that park jony, just on the bridge behind spicey kitchen and the valeters place? Looks like it's worth a try when all the snows gone, bit of a skatepark and grass humps'n bumps. Milnrow park is just across from the john miln pub (2mins walk from home) :-)

No I've not tried on that park jony, just on the bridge behind spicey kitchen and the valeters place? Looks like it's worth a try when all the snows gone, bit of a skatepark and grass humps'n bumps. Milnrow park is just across from the john miln pub (2mins walk from home) :-)

You mean behind Spicy pigeon hahaha

Haha you know it well then hebby :-D there's another quarry type place not far from there up buckstones road that I'm going to have a look at too

theres another my younger brother was going on about and its his mates dads quarry so will have a chat to him about getting a key so we can drive all the way in ;) its up huddersfield road just after waterhead academy on the left ;)

Never been up there with an RC as I know too many idiots up that way so tend to stay away from that part of town.

Edited by hebby

Wouldn't say it was dodgy where you get mugged for no reason it's just people know me and my brothers and I tried to get away from all that sort of people years ago :(

Same here, I stepped back from most of mine a while ago, now they're more associates that I rarely see, I know I'm getting old when I'd rather be around my family than dopey mates haha just need to get the Mrs into rc then I'm on a winner...don't think it's going to happen as she already says mine breaks way too often...

Unfortunately Im classed as living in Rochdale...it is full of weirdos and undesirables your right, I rarely venture 'into town' anyways to minimise contact with such creatures ha

I only see dodgy people when I go Rochdale/Oldham haha

I tend to stay well clear of people from Cornwall because there NOB's

Unfortunately Im classed as living in Rochdale...it is full of weirdos and undesirables your right, I rarely venture 'into town' anyways to minimise contact with such creatures ha

Yeah I know what you mean about Rochdale lol it's full of inbreads

There's a BMX track in Rochdale ;) seen it a couple of years ago but it was overgrown but today been past and it's all been done up and was empty :) there's a good few jumps and looks pretty decent TBH.

The place is Mandale park ;) look it up on google :)

I know the place well, I wouldn't advise solo trips with your rc though, it's right across the road from one of dogdales rougher estates freehold. Both me and my mate got mugged at knifepoint for our nice bikes when we were about 14 by a group of 30ish year olds. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant track for bikes and rc's, but I wouldn't take my little one with me, and I would be prepared for trouble. The years havn't improved the area, and I'm 28 now lol

I don't live in the middle of Rochdale thankfully I live about 5mins walk from the quarry in Newhey...I think I might have a hour up there tomorrow :-D

Well when Banggood pull there finger out and dispatch my Apache clone I'll be heading up there too :)