• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best shell for Stampede

sgevans23

What is the best robust shell for a stampede? i have bought some of those clear proline shells, spent long hows painting it, only for it to disintegrate after a couple of bashers. That photo above is the original  shell which has probably lasted the longest but now the pins and washers are pulling the the body. and the front wing is cracked, its not going to last for the next few runs.

just wondering if anyone has had any luck repairing shells or can recommend a brand which likely to last the longest?

Many thanks

Depends what style you want the HPI shells for the firestorm fit very well even the bullet ones will, any of the proline shells are usually quite good and you could try a Parma shell or a j concepts there's plenty around that will work.. To keep the back from breaking out try some plaster board tape and shoo goo glue.. Just search body shell fixes on YouTube then your get the idea!.

• Like 1

The shoo goo and skrimp tape makes any shell like a tank. Its messy putting it best to mask the windows or leave them masked after paint. But if done after paint be sure to leave the paint to fully dry and then a day or two to be sure it wont react. Once done tho it wont crack trust that.

It'll probably weigh double tho my revo has 2 tubes on it but not a single crack even 4ft drops upside down.

Look for a stream line shell tho to help with the speed the rustler bull dog looks like you have in blk/green would be good if it fits. The only shells I've really seen on the pede tho is std or raptor.

• Like 1

The shoo goo and skrimp tape makes any shell like a tank. Its messy putting it best to mask the windows or leave them masked after paint. But if done after paint be sure to leave the paint to fully dry and then a day or two to be sure it wont react. Once done tho it wont crack trust that.

It'll probably weigh double tho my revo has 2 tubes on it but not a single crack even 4ft drops upside down.

Look for a stream line shell tho to help with the speed the rustler bull dog looks like you have in blk/green would be good if it fits. The only shells I've really seen on the pede tho is std or raptor.

My raptor has the shoe goo trick on and it's like a tank

DSC02127_zpsc75dd1f3.jpg

Same as my mx1 shell

DSC02329_zps7dcb8547.jpg

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1