• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best 5th scale rc for

RCTROJAN

The fg truggy hasn't had much press only hemistorm spamming the same video link on literally every forum around the world.

Has anyone else brought one of the new fg line. I've only just found out about the fg sc 4x4 and fg x6 dakar they look alright but there's no good info. I would like to see what will fit the monster from them from shocks to updated small parts. But it looks like fg is dying fast.

This was only 2012 tho but nothing on them.

http://www.area52.cc/news/1866-toy-fair-2012--fg-modellsport.html

You call it spamming, I call it sharing. Don't worry, not "spamming" anymore. The TR4 is the best largescale out there for the money, hands down. Just trying to be informative.

• Like 1

Thought I might add Losi 5 isn't slow as I thought , it's actually pretty quick , and I have not installed the tuned pipe yet , but I am doing it now XD

Congratulations mate, you made a good choice with the losi :)

Get the pipe on, will wake your engine and more importantly fit a killswitch.

Enjoy and have fun, if you fancy it next year bank holiday bashfest is held in May and August, huge event now, loads of 5th scales and a lot of people off the forums, come along :)

• Like 1

Also I'm ordering the new body that hemistorm has put out [emoji106] I also orderd the killer bee kill switch , but I have a question if I want more top end speed what is the best way to go about this ???? Cheers guys

Edited by RCTROJAN
  • Like 1

Also I'm ordering the new body that hemistorm has put out [emoji106] I also orderd the killer bee kill switch , but I have a question if I want more top end speed what is the best way to go about this ???? Cheers guys[/quote

easiest way for more speed is to gear up, try one tooth up so a 20t pinion with your existing spur.

Next step after that is a bigger engine, then you will need to gear up as the engine can easily pull the 20t or 21t pinion, latter vertigo make one.

Make sure you use the correct inserts for spacing, so 20t pinion uses spacers numbered 20 etc.

If you find the back end sagging, go red springs and 40wt oil all round handles better.

Just remember more speed plus hp needs more maintenance and beefing up other areas to handle it and of course better brakes ;)

The Losi's are good like that they can handle the extra power and abuse straight out of the box pretty much.

• Like 1

OMG RJJ your so amazing for this info , [emoji33]lolll I'm so glad people like you are on this forum ,instead of me playing around with different setups spending so much money , top marks RJJ for info [emoji106]

Edited by RCTROJAN

Also, go thicker oil in the front diff and the centre diff if you want the back end to be a bit more lively, sometimes they come setup well, sometimes they come without oil, so it's always worth double checking if you're changing shock oils and stuff as well :)

I personally ran 30k - 100k - 15k, but some others prefer different ratios, that's just what I found best for my engine and exhaust and for what I wanted my 5ive to do.

You call it spamming, I call it sharing. Don't worry, not "spamming" anymore. The TR4 is the best largescale out there for the money, hands down. Just trying to be informative.

I think the problem over here in the UK is that FG just aren't selling them. Losi, HPI ... I know where to get... but I have not seen any of the later FGs in the flesh. Hard to judge them in any way shape or form without being able to actually see one. I'd have to get one shipped in from Germany and it's going to cost me

• Like 1

I think the problem over here in the UK is that FG just aren't selling them. Losi, HPI ... I know where to get... but I have not seen any of the later FGs in the flesh. Hard to judge them in any way shape or form without being able to actually see one. I'd have to get one shipped in from Germany and it's going to cost me

• Like 1

I am a big fan of the CY 27.2 4 bolt motor. For the money, the F270 is very nice. Nice balance of torque and power for not a lot of money.

I just wish FG would update their diffs. It's the one thing I was never ever happy with. 2 spider setup with an unsealed case...compared to the HPI sealed 4 spider. Being able to tailor the feel with silicon oils means you get the feel you want. The FGs I have had always seemed prone to diffing out, cocking an inside wheel and spinning the power away.

FGs are basic....almost crude.... but it works. Still think they need alloy engine mounts from day one, but that's just me :). What spoiled it for me was the diff .... and the shocks. Best mod I ever did on my old FG was to bin the stock shocks and fit a set of MCD Evo3 shocks. But PLEASE ...FG....have a look at your diffs :)

I am a big fan of the CY 27.2 4 bolt motor. For the money, the F270 is very nice. Nice balance of torque and power for not a lot of money.

I just wish FG would update their diffs. It's the one thing I was never ever happy with. 2 spider setup with an unsealed case...compared to the HPI sealed 4 spider. Being able to tailor the feel with silicon oils means you get the feel you want. The FGs I have had always seemed prone to diffing out, cocking an inside wheel and spinning the power away.

FGs are basic....almost crude.... but it works. Still think they need alloy engine mounts from day one, but that's just me :). What spoiled it for me was the diff .... and the shocks. Best mod I ever did on my old FG was to bin the stock shocks and fit a set of MCD Evo3 shocks. But PLEASE ...FG....have a look at your diffs :)

I dont think they will update there diff any time soon, i havent seen a proper updated car from them for years

• 4 months later...

And so it begins....Let the money start draining away ...................... its like a drug you just have to add bits,

Enjoy fella you wont be disapointed, just make sure you dont hit anyone with them... They hurt !!

Edited by kangarilla

been out of rc's for a while but ive just orderd 2 losi 5ive's for me and my son after reading this it looks like a smart choice

I hope you have a big boot in your car, or a trailer lol