• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial SCX10 D90.

how are you mounting the body making the bits yourself if not big gaz does very nice work and you have to make your own links for the d90s wheelbase

Edited by RC4WD fan

how are you mounting the body making the bits yourself if not big gaz does very nice work and you have to make your own links for the d90s wheelbase

Gaz has spat his dummy out with me at the moment, not for the first time.

I have sourced someone else who is doing both my bumpers and my rock sliders :)

And I'm just going to build it up as is for now then worry about the links later lol.

Gaz has spat his dummy out with me at the moment, not for the first time.

I have sourced someone else who is doing both my bumpers and my rock sliders :)

And I'm just going to build it up as is for now then worry about the links later lol.

oh right the wheelbase will be way out of line with the body tho but like you say worry about the links later :thumbsup:

Indeed, I'm not mounting the D90 straight away, won't have my rock sliders until the back end of next week anyway, plus I need to find somewhere that shows how to make the links and what size they need to be :lol:

Progress...

IMG_4035_zpsd8749cab.jpg

Apart from the hiccups and mistakes in the manual, I'm rather enjoying the build.

i wrote my link sizes down somewhere when i built mine, i'll try and find them if you're stuck for sizes :)

i only had to make 6 links rather than 8 too because i managed to keep the standard bottom front links 

Very very happy with this :)

Need to set the suspension up a bit better as it's a little bit stiff towards the bottom, if anyones got any advice regarding that I'm all ears (or eyes)

Obviously got to tidy the wires up and whatnot, but aside from that, she's complete.

IMG_4036_zps4053ab99.jpg

just take some of the oil out of the shocks or change to soft springs allround i run very little oil in mine with soft allround and i have no stiffness when going over stuff 

just take some of the oil out of the shocks or change to soft springs allround i run very little oil in mine with soft allround and i have no stiffness when going over stuff 

They've already got very little oil in 'em... I'll give them a rebuild and try again, see how it goes lol.

There'll soon be no oil in them if you've used the kit o rings ;)

I plan to change the shocks before too long anyway, someones suggested buying the Topcad 105mm piggyback ones from AsiaTees, only

I think I've seen those piggy shocks on Asia tees in orange are they. They look very nice all alloy is the best way to go. Trucks looking good. Are you going to go hemi with some plasticard. Looks like a mission but thee results are amazing.

I think I've seen those piggy shocks on Asia tees in orange are they. They look very nice all alloy is the best way to go. Trucks looking good. Are you going to go hemi with some plasticard. Looks like a mission but thee results are amazing.

Plasticard for what bud?

I've already got a shell, the RC4WD D90.

if its these shocks i would`nt bother with them as they need some work to get them working properly my mate had a set and they were stiff as hell i had to take one of the lower o rings off just to get them to work properly then they were too springy

http://www.asiatees.com/display?Axial-Wraith-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Axial&model=Wraith&id=42795&pid=1

It was those yeah, since mentioning which I was going for people have been saying bad things about them, although I appreciate the advice from Matty who's been running them successfully, they just seem a bit too hit and miss.

What shocks do you lot recommend?

Ideally full alu and available in black or gun metal :P

I haven't heard anything bad about the G-Made shocks yet.

i heard they like to leak so need new seals and not the gmade ones i think it was tamiya seals but i could be wrong on that part i ahve heard good things about king shocks but there expensive 

Edited by mini-z-awd

i heard they like to leak so need new seals and not the gmade ones i think it was tamiya seals but i could be wrong on that part i ahve heard good things about king shocks but there expensive 

Price doesn't bother me, I've also read a lot of stories about the leaking shocks, when I was looking to buy one a few weeks ago.

Also I've never heard of king shocks, any chance of a link chap? :)

So far people have suggested Junfac and Losi Comp Crawler ones.