• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Race orientated TC kits, lexan undertrays, and running in the street?

ninjagaiden

Guys

I have this mate, let's say for the sake of argument his name is Dark875, who would like to build a TC kit for use on road. It's clear that a plastic tub chassis is needed to keep stones and debris out of the car as much as possible, but then you limit yourself to lower end kits like a TT01, TT02 etc.

Back in the day lots of cars with CF chassis plates used to have lexan undertrays with lips that kept the stones out. I've looked but I can't see any TCs with these.

Any suggestions for nice kits that come with plastic tub chassis, or lexan undertray options?

Cheers

N

Most companys dont make trays anymore as tbh they dont help, with a tray stones generally get stuck in the tray making it more likely a stone with get in a belt. Best thing to do ia fit some protective film and tape up the holes under the diffs. Ohh and take a broom and give the area a quick sweep b4 u start

he could go for a tc4 club racer kit, has a centre drive shaft rather then belts.

get an ice cream tub cut up to make a cover to protect the spur/pinion gears.

i used to have a tc3 which was the same chassis i ran with the top buys at the club i go to with it and was on pace with it.fair enough its not carbon fibre but its his best bet.

Cheers guys. I used to run a TC3 and I used bits of salad trays to make covers for the steering rack which was where I found stones got lodged.

TC4 club racer was nice, but they don;t seem to have an equivalent for the TC5 or TC6,

ok, so I speak as someone who has been in the hobby for 19 years or so, but if anyone were to buy a top range touring car with quite a bit of money thrown at it, I'd always tell them to take it to a track.

using it on a road doesn't do the car, or driver any justice or experience of what it can really do IMO.

In a club experience you'll get to meet other people and learn stuff about your car too  :thumbsup: