• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Slash 2WD Ongoing refurbishment

So got it back together.

15250550512_0d411f57a0.jpg

IMG_20140915_210500 by markswebpages, on Flickr

15227940266_f97162884c.jpg

IMG_20140915_210624 by markswebpages, on Flickr

15064155439_a8b4655c13.jpg

IMG_20140915_210450 by markswebpages, on Flickr

Been out once and still got a working gearbox, still going to keep it up for sale.

It goes OK and I still kinda like the thought of having a nicely painted SCT she'll with lights and the RPM rear bumper and flats.

But don't want to spend much more until I'm convinced it wouldn't break.

So time will tell. I did enjoy using it last night though :)

Edited by Markswebpages

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of videos of it's first outing since the rebuild, seems to have done the trick :)

Sorry they're not the best but I couldn't resist

I'm still undecided about what to do with this, but having replaced all of the moving parts now I suppose it would make sense to see it through and at least finish the refurb.

Nice work, it seems to be running well and would be a shame to give up on it now. Also everybody needs a Slash in their life and most regret selling ;)

Did you sort out the servo? I run a lot of the Alturn servos found on the MS website, they seem solid and great vfm. Make sure whatever you get you go for a high torque rather than speed :)

• 6 months later...

Not much has happened to my poor old basher.

New metal geared steering servo has helped remove a bit more play.

I know some people will want to kill me but I've also gone back to 12mm hex's as the wheels rubbing did my head in and I had a brand new set of wheels kicking around.

But the big stumbling blocks are the front dampers are knackered and not original (so can't rebuild them) and the shell is also knackered. Both seem ridiculously expensive for what they are.

So unsure what to do next, either sell or go for partial restoration with LCG chassis.

I am currently using one of those on my 2wd slash atm due to being very cheap. Had 2 from this seller. One spare.