• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Charging in the field...

EpicLURcher

Hi, i run touring cars and need a large battery that i can charge my rc batteries off of and run my tyre warmers.

Ive had a look at caravan batteries so i know roughly what i needd

This will sound stupid, but im not sure how id physically connect my charger/tyre warmers to the battery! Is there some kind of mains socket you can run from it?

And also ive read ill need to keep the battery cycling to keep it at its best, any ideas?

And what size, ill want to have 2 people plugged in charging and warming, id like it to last a day will 80ah suffice?

Many thanks,

Sorry but I still find it funny that people buy tyre warmers for rc cars :lol:

hell yea we do, touring car are srs business m9! haha but they did really help. 

Hybrid pro, great charger loved mine, and yea it came with croc clips to input and you can also run tyre warmers off the hybrid pros power supply 

I ran a golf battery to charge batteries and power tyre warmers but the charge didnt last long so i now have a lorry battery we take to the track, it might be heavy but once its there it dont have to be moved untill the end of the day lol

Sorry but I still find it funny that people buy tyre warmers for rc cars :lol:

If you want to get that extra half a second per lap the the first few minutes they are needed so your tyres will be at the correct temperature for the start of the race.

The problem i have is my car is 1/5th scale so they are custom made and cost

Edited by JayAVFC

Cool, thanks. Why did you sell yours?

Stopped racing for a while to fund the MX5..that was a mistake in hindsight but hey ho! ..still not racing now but do have some gear just none of my muchmore stuff

was a brilliant charger though, its powersupply can run your tyre warmers, pit lamp all sorts..great kit.

What size do you reckon i should go for then? Id like it to last a whole day running warmers and chargers?

Lorry battery or at least a car battery

The thing is i use a lorry battery as my warmers draw a lot more power than 1/10th