• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help me with my Vorza LiPo wiring pls!

dagswe21

Hello. I am sure this will have been posted before, but I cannot find it, so....

I have just bought a MaxAmps 5450 mah, 18.5 V LiPo to go in my new Vorza flux. I am told it is purpose made.

Now here's the obvious question: the Vorza is wired to take TWO LiPos. I have an adapter in the form of a short oval circuit, with a Deans connector on the end. But how does this wire ion, so that the two connectors from the esc become just one, to plug into my battery? I know it sounds confusing, but I'm sure anyone who has been here know what I mean. I need to fit ONE LiPo into my Vorza, which is wired to take TWO. I have a small adapter, but no idea where it fits in. HELP PLEASE!!!!! Diagrams would be especially welcome! Thank you everyone!!!! Dag..

HI mate.

The small adaptor that you talk of is the balance lead which is for charging or a low voltage alarm only.

The loop which you talk of is to run two batteries in series meaning you can run two 3s packs making up to 6s.

You would need to remove the spare deans connector to run just one battery....or you can just buy batts to run two?

Not correct fella, smeghead nailed it ;) The deans loop closes the open end of the battery circuit when using a one lipo configuration. If going to two packs, simply remove and plug two packs in :)

Just a quick update - my new Vorza (my first electric brushless car, after old school electric and nitro models....), with the MaxAmp cells fitted, goes like nothing I have ever seen!!!! It has blown me away. Now I just need to tinker with the gearing. But thank you again!!!

• Like 1