• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MST MS01 RTR+

scratcher

Very nice car mate, ive liked the mst cars since i followed teshi's build it was a work of art the best on road chassis ive seen. It was all silver and or red alloy i think. Is your car another model carbon or did you buy carbon parts yourself. Ther all beauties tho.

I haven't seen teshi on here for a while i hope he's still drifting he became the goto guy on these cars. Amazing pictures too. Keep the build updated mate. 

• Like 1

Cheers guys :)

Yeah, Teshi is still around. He used to have an FS-01 with the SSG carbon decks. The SSG is the silver kind, it has more flex than the regular MST carbon. I was advised to use the regular carbon bits as I run on carpet so the added flex in the chassis isn't needed to soak up little bumps and things you get running on tarmac.

So far it feels a lot more predictable than the plastic lower deck, that had loads of flex.

• 6 months later...

Resurrection!

I've been a bit slack on drifting this year but I'm right back into it now.

Smashing exhaust tips

20150321_212808_zpss0zfrxaf.jpg

And spoiler mounts...

20150627_222434_zpsv3ezsjc1.jpg

But I got these snazzy new ones. they're bigger too which is nice.

20150712_201709_zpstflyacme.jpg

I fully rebuilt the dampers and I've been working on getting my settings on point so I can drive around on counter steer much more. Before it was all throttle and no steering so it didn't look very cool.

20150213_154420_zps58cfe3da.jpg

20150718_164637_zpsci7ltzsc.jpg

I've started playing around with weights too to help with the snappy dynamics.

20150718_164643_zpsohox6mfe.jpg

Repping RC Kingstar  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

IMG_20150718_165217_zpserspodzb.jpg

On track with team Yokomo drivers Matt Tunks, Lasse Sorensen, Mitto Steel and RC Kingstar :)

I dug the old C35 shell out.

Screenshot_2015-07-18-23-32-09-11_zps7cr

Oh, I went in for a comp last month too. I made it through to top 8 battles but I went out. It was so much fun, I'll try and do next months comp too :)

Screenshot_2015-07-25-16-27-12-1_zpsdo6p

• 1 month later...

The video doesn't work so I'll try and YouTube it later.

Here's a shot on track with a few guys last night.

Screenshot_2015-09-10-06-40-05-1_zps1xwe

Fitted an RC Kingstar sun visor :)

20150909_214337_zps34dpihb6.jpg 20150909_214348_001_zpsykaot32f.jpg

I tried out different wheels last night to see how staggered offset changed the car.

+5 on the front and +8 on the rear made it super fast coming out of corners.

I put wheel weights in the rear for a few laps and the rear grip was crazy, haha.

20150909_211503_zpsbejx6fx0.jpg

Yeh, I've tried that and couldn't do it so fair play to ya for being able to drift and film.

I'm coming down soul to have a drift with you at some point. Once im able to do it anyway haha

It is tricky, haha. I have a flappy case on my phone too so it was well in the way.

Do it, you'll learn so much down there.

Looking good, nicely setup ms, holds counter well! I must get back down there next week!

Cheers dude. It's taken a while but I'm happy with the set up now :) it's not very aggressive but I like to run it quite smooth with little snaps.

What days do you go to Soul?

It is tricky, haha. I have a flappy case on my phone too so it was well in the way.

Do it, you'll learn so much down there.

I want to learn to drift with the d4 first lol its a long way for me to go and flail around the track lol

Cheers guys. It was a bit sketchy because I was holding my phone and the controller at the same time. Haha!

Get one of these, they're ideal for keeping in your tool box as they're small.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Windshield-Mount-Holder-Stand-Bracket-for-iPhone-SAMSUNG-GPS-Phone-/311134033032?hash=item4871089488